Thread: Combustion of Mercury.

Combustion of Mercury.

Namaste all,

I thank you for your consideration and advice concerning some thoughts of Jyotish. Please excuse my ignorance; I am reading and studying but my somewhat lateral ingestion of these topics can make the obvious somewhat less apparent at times.

I have just read this in regards to the combustion of mercury.

"the combustion of Mercury implies sharpness of speech towards others, due to a hurt ego in the past. The Lordship and placement of Mercury would in such a case show in which matters and through which people this nature would arise."

This is maybe true for the native born at the time of the combustion; my question is this:

Does this explain a tendency towards sharpness of the tong in matters concerning Mercury during the period of the combustion, not only for those born at the time? If ones chart is so predisposed and the native has not harnessed their senses.

Thank you kindly.

praNAma

mana

Aum Gam Ganapataye Namah

Re: Combustion of Mercury.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

If my memory serves me correctly combusion ( for mercury) depends on its travel - direct or retrograde. Different rules apply.

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: Combustion of Mercury.

Namaste yajvan,

Thank you kindly, it is a subject for me to investigate a little more thoroughly, I love it when life points to topics in so many ways this seems to help me to remember; there is so much and so many ways in which the universe folds back on her self, it is a daunting task to even consider.

The apparent retrograde motion is related to proximity, yet; concerning combustion this depends upon the planets status as an inner or outer orbit from Earth's orbit. Budha is currently behind Surya moving in the normal direction, Mangala is retrograde and thus very close to earth (he was very hansom, very bright, last night); soon to be conjunct with Chandra in 8th from Surya and Budha. So were it that Budha were retrograde and combust, he would be very much closer to Earth. This all effects greatly the apparent brightness and thus the light received.

I wonder, what is the name for Earth in Sanskrit, is it vasudhA, concerning the planet Earth? There are so many translations.

I have just stumbled upon some Surya yogas whilst searching (one of which I have, wow I can understand better my laziness) I have not yet found info on retrograde motion in the BPHS.

Thank you kindly for your consideration.

praNAma

mana

Thread Information