Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone !

Smile Hello everyone !

Hello !
    First of all, i am very happy to be here ! Please, excuse me if i make some mistakes as english is not my first language...
    I am McKitty, and i study videogames in france. This is very interesting, as I both love videogames and drawing/painting.

I discovered Sanatana dharma about 3 years ago. To be honest, i didn't knew much about this and didn't felt concerned about those kind of things...As i wasn't very happy in my life too. Then I had a dream (and i know it can sound very stupid but still, it's important for me.) I had a dream where i was on a field with a very tall man with a very strong presence. I reconized Shiva, he gave me one of his snake around his neck and told me to go to India. Then i was walking on a dusty road, spend the night alone with the snake without fear.
    The following month, my aunt asked me if i wanted to go to south India with her. I remembered the dream and felt i had something to discover there.
    I began to gain interest in Sanatana Dharma, reading books (first Mahabharata, then Ramayana...) before going to Tamil Nadu.

Needless to say that this trip to India was the biggest experience of all my life. We didn't go there like tourists, sleeping in hotels and doing tours: we lived with indian people and we make very dear friends there, as they accepted us. My first met with Lord Shiva during a puja in a temple was a really moving experience, and i felt like i opened my eyes to something greater.

I learned alone many things, as there is no temple or indian people around my place of living to help. I went looking on the internet if a non indian can follow the path of sanatana dharma, and i was very sad to found many negative answers. I was very afraid to be rejected, but i realised that the deep love i felt for GOD was superior. If i had to be rejected, it would not stop me from following this path, and even if GOD is not happy with it, i will still love and honor him.

A year later i had another dream where the same man with this strong, divine essence showed me to conduct puja to Lord Ganesha. From this day, I practice Puja and Japa mala, and found that i am very happy in my life.

I came here because i saw that i wasn't the only one non indian that followed this path, and i am very relieved. I am hoping to find new friends and to learn much about Dharma here... As i already have so many questions to ask ! But i will not bother you for now, I just want to say that I am very happy to meet you in this place, and even if my story can seems a bit strange, i swear to you it is the truth.

AUM !
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Re: Hello everyone !

Hari OM

Namaste McKitty,

Welcome to HDF. I think your English is good. Interesting introduction and look forward to getting to know you and your thoughts better through more posts.

Take care.

Om Shanti

FFTW

Welcome to the forums, McKitty

Quote Originally Posted by McKitty View Post
    I went looking on the internet if a non indian can follow the path of sanatana dharma, and i was very sad to found many negative answers.
    sorry to hear that, you should realize that actually it is many non-hindus spread these wrong ideas with the intention to destroy dharma. If we go through the scriptures it would be convinced that there is no basis for these claims.

Quote Originally Posted by McKitty View Post

I began to gain interest in Sanatana Dharma, reading books (first Mahabharata, then Ramayana...) before going to Tamil Nadu.

Needless to say that this trip to India was the biggest experience of all my life. We didn't go there like tourists, sleeping in hotels and doing tours: we lived with indian people and we make very dear friends there, as they accepted us. My first met with Lord Shiva during a puja in a temple was a really moving experience, and i felt like i opened my eyes to something greater.
    Vannakkam McKitty: This part i most certainly would like to hear more of. Which part of TN, which temples, how the locals approached you, and more.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste McKitty,

Welcome to HDF. I enjoyed reading about your journey. Truly wondrous is the Dance of Shiva! You should learn a lot about Sanatana Dharma here.

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Namaste McKitty,

Pleased to meet you, welcome to HDF!

What a fantastic introduction to sanatana dharma you have been blessed to receive, nothing strange there. Both Gods and Gurus regularly communicate though dreams; Remove any thought of direct ego to ego contact, its not that!
    We are one and our conciousness is unified as one, when this reality emerges though the subconscious it may feel strange, but it is quite normal.

Truth, however is a moving target.

Welcome to HDF.

praNAma

mana

Welcome MCKITTY,

You are Indeed a blessed soul of Lord Siva,the ultimate truth personified,so no question of alien to Sanatan dharma,as when Lord Siva accepted you,who is going to reject you.

You will definitely get the fruit of Satsang(company of holy) here in HDF and learn and share lots of knowledge.

Namaste
    Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.
    Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

My Lord is the Lord of Universe; My teacher is the teacher of the
    entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet
    of such a Guru, who has revealed such knowledge to me.

Namaste McKitty,

Welcome to HDF! Very nice post, loved reading about your experience. Like has already been said, Sanatana Dharma is a universal spiritual path and is open to everybody willing to whole-heartedly follow it, irrespective of any lesser differences; you don't need to worry about that. Best wishes for your spiritual journey and looking forward to see you participate here!

(And BTW, I'm very enthusiastic about video games and drawing myself! )
    Fully aware of the deficiency of my intelligence, I concentrate my attention on the son of Pavana,
    And humbly ask for strength, intelligence and true knowledge to relieve me of all painful blemishes.

Hello My new Dharma Friend
    Hope you are doing good .
    here u can ask any question so many dharma friends here to solve ur question related to dharma .
    U can ask me personally too if u wana to mail then u can mail me too
    hope we can exchange each other ideas about dharma

Well, hello everyone again and sorry, from the deep of my heart, for having been away for those weeks.

Thank you very much for your welcome messages, i'll try to participate more, as i have some to share and very much to learn.

Please, forgive me again for those past weeks !
    I wish you a very good day (or night !)

Aum Namah Shivaya !
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Thread Information