Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making of a Baba...Baba AnandaGiriJi

Making of a Baba...Baba AnandaGiriJi

Namaste,

I have often thought about conducting a sociological experiment and see how long it would take a normal person to turn into a babaand have a following.

The goal of the experiment would be to have up to 100 followers in three months.

Grow a beard, change clothes to white or saffron, learn a few sanskrit words or better yet some Sanskrit sentences, find someone on the street (waiting for a bus or having a tea or something like that) and start doing parvachana. Pick a topic from the vast ocean of dharma and start speaking.

I bet I would have a following of a hundred people within a few months.

What do you think? Do you think the experiment would be successful?
    Last edited by satay; 13 February 2012 at 02:26 PM.
    satay

Re: Making of a Baba...Baba AnandaGiriJi

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Namaste,

I have often thought about conducting a sociological experiment and see how long it would take a normal person to turn into a babaand have a following.

The goal of the experiment would be to have up to 100 followers in three months.

Grow a beard, change clothes to white or saffron, learn afew sanskrit words or better yet some Sanskrit sentences, find someone on thes treet (waiting for a bus or having a tea or something like that) and start doing parvachana. Pick a topic from the vast ocean of dharma and start speaking.

I bet I would have a following of a hundred people with a few months.

What do you think? Do you think the experiment would be successful?
    Vannakkam; If it was in your city on a normal day in January on the corner of _____ and ______, I'd be there just to watch you freeze. But if the robes of a sadhu kept you warm, I'm sure I'd think you were for real.

Aum Namasivaya

Namast,

Satay, I've often wondered if I could create false news in the same way - just invent news stories and present them in a polished, well-written manner, convince others that invented events were occurring in the world around them.

I think your experiment would succeed; the mind creates reality. It could work by you duping others. But it might work because the experiment would change you, too. How long could you behave as a baba, surrounded by innocence and joy and seeking after wisdom, before you were transformed into one by the devotion of your followers?

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Yes.

And because belief is actually a two way street...it would work both ways.

One, a normal person who suddenly began to live completely within Dharma...

How much would this change a simple unaware Portion?

A great deal.

Next...a great portion of what we can achieve is based upon Belief and sheer faith in this process. This is how a guru send us to another place...by seeing Him do so...we then, very often will know the way.

So the normal person become in Dharma...and the normal persons about them ...see this shift and take note.

And...very often, both are needed for that shift to happen in a normal person.

That normal person wakes up, lives within Dharma...and then others begin to pray at their feet...and possibly and quite suddenly that Sublime Vibration knocks them over the edge of what they once thought was possible to the impossibility which is conciousness.

Belief is a great portion of the secret...sheer force of will.

Finally, because we all are Beloved, in various states of awareness...One of the Trillion Voices. The possibilities of our success and abilities is endless.

The other night this dog...this ignorant fool was in bed praying. My Beloved husband is reading sanskrit words...and I begin to define the meaning of these words...and it was completely 100% correct.

I did not even recall a moment some of these words had been seen by these silly eyes.

But, living and breathing this Truth begins to change you...I'm glad for it.

Just as that one you suggested above...may start with a simple sanskrit phrase...or a word. But, time and time will pass...and that word is just a catalyst to the vast Ocean of Sanatana Dharma.

The Ocean is vast...but toe in the water or fully submerged...you are still wet.

As the tide turns....soon it's the whole foot....

Deeper and deeper we go<3

namaste,

Definitely, I think it would change me in a termendous way. This is why the thought of this experiment.

It is not to dupe people but to see how knowledgeable one has to be to become a baba. I am not knowledgeable at all, to the contrary. I am just curious how long would it take for someone to point me out and say that baba is a fake. I guess to keep on top of things, I would read like a crazy man at night and then spill all that out to the (small) gatherings in the morning. I am sure to get free tea and samosas in return.

Because by nature I am caring person I would have no trouble in that role of a baba. In fact, one of the reason why I don't want to do it is because I might become the real thing after staying in that role for three months.
    satay

Namaste Satay, Eastern Mind,

Interesting thought, do you think that we might be pack animals?

Your topic reminds me of an experiment conducted in the 70s
    It is spine chilling in the context of the experiment, which was to understand why so many people were capable of such horrific things in war time, but in another light we are better of seeing the funny side.

Better that we are sheep; than sheep in wolves clothing!!!

Milgram experiment

It is surprising to see the statistics of how many people would go so far on to the demand of an authoritative figure!

praNAma

mana

Namaste Indraneela, NayaSurya,

To add another thought; this is paradoxical as the teachings are surely to inspire people to think for them selves...

Doooohhhh

praNAma

mana
    Last edited by Mana; 13 February 2012 at 03:04 PM.

namaste Mana,
    Yes, I am very familiar with the Milgram experiment. It is amazing to see how most people react to authority. All Milgram was doing was wearing a lab coat and people were taking orders from him.

I guess you could say that the experiment I have in mind would re test Milgram's theory too that people will just listen to me, the baba because I happen to be wearing baba like clothes and speak softly and say a few things about this and that.

Or maybe there is more to it.

Another thought is that yes maybe it is relatively easy to get a gathering or following of a few people but sustaining them as your followers might be a bigger task. Phase 2 of experiment, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post

Milgram experiment

It is surprising to see the statistics of how many people would go so far on to the demand of an authoritative figure!

praNAma

mana
    satay

namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam; If it was in your city on a normal day in January on the corner of _____ and ______, I'd be there just to watch you freeze. But if the robes of a sadhu kept you warm, I'm sure I'd think you were for real.

Aum Namasivaya
    No, Thanks Eastern. It won't work here in my city because it is too friggin cold, people are too busy to notice a baba (may be not) and baba to follower ratio is too small. Plus the locals would call the police and have me thrown in a jail.
    satay

Hari Om SatayJi!

You already have a following, certainly more than a few hundred, so baba for you it is!

Perhaps a place to consider looking is www.speakingtree.in - a spiritual Facebook of sorts. I belong and "follow" my beloved Bapuji there. Somehow I also seem to have "followers". How is this? I certainly didn't ask for them and don't have any wisdom to share. Perhaps they think that I am someone else? It is a site worth perusing however. Many wise ones contribute, sometimes more than daily and in many forms.

Back to your point however.

I'm not exactly certain that one could become a baba in such a short period, at least in this time and age. A month is such a short while, but by the grace of the Lord, I suppose anything CAN happen. Just not likely in my humble opinion.

Thread Information