Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Detachment

Re: Detachment

Namaste to all.

Just some reflections from the Gita, though not all of us keep this in mind; easier said than remembered:

"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be. As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change." 9.12-13

"That which pervades the entire body you should know to be indestructible. No one is able to destroy that imperishable soul." 2.17

"For the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain." 2.20

"As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones." 2.22
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Hari Om EM!

You are a beautiful soul and an example to us all. May Shiva bless you abundantly.

Om Namah Sivaya
    Jai Hanuman!

Namaste EM,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Aunt.

You can read Bhagwad Gita / Kathopanishad for her at least one day taking out from your busy schedule, if you can.

May God grant her the freedom from the clutches of the deaths and births.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam Mana: Actually I don't remember ... or at least try not to remember much. This subconscious mind in this lifetime is full enough of weird shapes and colours without consciously trying to remember more stuff. I want to clear it out through sadhana, which is different from repression.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste EM,

We all try to work though our karmas, in the ways which are best suited for our learning, it is the natural state to be in, that of an honest person. I think that your devotion and sadhana, is a most wonderful thing EM!

Quote Originally Posted by charitra View Post
    when someone very close passes we do feel guilty ( or may be I must speak for myself and not for ohters) i am not sure why.
    My dad's death many years ago make me go through that even today. Some pang and some guilt. Namaste.
    Namaste charitra,

Sorry if this stirs up the past for you:
    Guilt is a word, the feeling is undoubtedly karma.
    My Father and I had quite a difficult relationship, he was really very narcissistic, this was not at all his fault.
    Unwittingly, he refused to acknowledge any spiritual side to life and would psychologically gag me if I spoke of any spiritual, or emotional matter. He actually did this on the morning of his death, out of the blue.

I don't feel Guilty about this, I just try and learn from it. He, I hope, is moving upwards.

I know that all of this is intimately connected with my search for the Guru. All these karmas can be very strong reasons for rebirth so they do so often move us.

praNAma

mana

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste EM,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Aunt.

You can read Bhagwad Gita / Kathopanishad for her at least one day taking out from your busy schedule, if you can.

May God grant her the freedom from the clutches of the deaths and births.

OM
    Vannakkam devotee: Although I appreciate the sentiment, there is no sorrow to be had, I'm afraid. She was 95. My initial response was, "Finally!" She's been putting it off for so long now. Her passing is a very good thing. Out of a body and off on a new adventure!

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

Only a dedicated Hindu like yourself can put into practice what we keep talking about so often - detachment, and a celebration of the soul leaving the old/decrepit body for new adventures.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Only a dedicated Hindu like yourself can put into practice what we keep talking about so often - detachment, and a celebration of the soul leaving the old/decrepit body for new adventures.

Pranam.
    Vannakkam: Depends on the item, or thought. Take HDF, for instance. If I could just tear myself away from this thing for a week, now that would be something. Sometimes its difficult to know what you're attached to. The mind is a trickster, quite capable of fooling itself ... you can attach yourself to being detached, for example.

Aum Namasivaya

namaste Eastern,
    Sorry for your loss.

Although I appreciate the sentiment, there is no sorrow to be had, I'm afraid. She was 95.

Aum Namasivaya
    Yet there would be emptiness as the relationship is lost...
    satay

Vannakkam: Depends on the item, or thought. Take HDF, for instance. If I could just tear myself away from this thing for a week, now that would be something. Sometimes its difficult to know what you're attached to. The mind is a trickster, quite capable of fooling itself ... you can attach yourself to being detached, for example.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste,

Wonderful

Thank you EM, a big smile from over here!

Very wise words!

praNAma

mana

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaste Eastern,
    Sorry for your loss.

Yet there would be emptiness as the relationship is lost...
    Vannakkam: There is no loss, only gain. One more block (lifetime) in the building blocks of the road to moksha. You should all feel happy for me, and for her, the embodies soul now out there looking for a new body, although she won't know that .... yet.

Sivaratri, and death ... This is the second time, at least ... my wife's aunt also passed on Sivaratri a few years back. What a great auspicious time to go! Another few years, hopefully 20 or more and maybe it will be this soul's turn. Maybe the next body won't have arthritis.

Yet my sister will indeed grieve, for she is yet unable to see the big picture. I'll go there and tell her a few jokes in a few weeks. Spread some cheer.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information