Thread: The world of Oracles

The world of Oracles

Nice video on the phenomena of spirits and oracles in Tibetan Buddhism context.
    Being a Buddhist video, it starts and ends with pot shots at the concept of "Self"...but the content is very interesting for anyone interested in these things.

Since Hinduism is infested with fakes and since there exists no standard of what is authentic and what is not in every domain of spiritual science, including those concerning spirits, I often like the Buddhist materials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ1Vv...bedded#at=3086
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Re: The world of Oracles

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    Nice video on the phenomena of spirits and oracles in Tibetan Buddhism context.
    Being a Buddhist video, it starts and ends with pot shots at the concept of "Self"...but the content is very interesting for anyone interested in these things.

Since Hinduism is infested with fakes and since there exists no standard of what is authentic and what is not in every domain of spiritual science, including those concerning spirits, I often like the Buddhist materials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ1Vv...bedded#at=3086
    These oracles are no less fake, besides being many faked oracles, these cults are evil, in the war against china because of the cult of these low beings, armed poor peasants became possesed by oracle deitys and they promised them to be able to withstand bullets, they ran towards their enemies as cannon fodder, of course they were shot dead before even coming close to the chinese soldiers, these tibetan cults are disgustingly evil and criminal but the gullible westerners are fooled. These beings are so evil they even fight with each other pehar - nechung against shugden, their devotees are even going on murder sprees. http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...monastery.html
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 22 February 2012 at 10:25 AM.

That program is scary... Kinda puts me off meditation alittle ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)
    Religion = self idenity = entrapment,
    Only in silence will you find God.

Namaste sm78,

Thank you for posting, an interesting documentary; I was unaware of this side of Tibetan Buddhist dharma.

It is fascinating to see how from within different dharma the self reflects upon its self; culture.

Naturally, if you are within the dharma it is very real. To my mind the idea of being freed from dharma in a much calmer way is appealing. Reflection upon the Gods and the self; by blending them. The part of the mind and the field of conciousness involved in any such manifestation; can, to my mind vary enormously depending on ones posture within that dharma.

Maybe dharma is not the correct word to use here, please do let me know if you find my interpretation to be incorrect?

Worse than adharma would be no dharma at all.

Note to self, stop mixing languages and learn Sanskrit properly!

Thank you for posting.

praNAma

mana
    Last edited by Mana; 22 February 2012 at 11:31 AM.

Good article of a tibetan on oracles, shamans, tibetan myths, the west and the reality...

Excerpt:
    Still, whenever I read the biography of Milarepa ↑ I cannot but be convinced that the great yogi did practise black magic, and did perform those miracles described in the book; and that these weren’t just allegories or parables. Yet with the same absolute conviction I know that now, in this day and age, lamas can’t do these things. I do not doubt Marco Polo when he writes with amazement that Tibetan lamas levitated the Great Khan’s cup to his lips. But these days lamas are patently unable to levitate anything. When they have to fly, they do it in aeroplanes, like the rest of us. The only miraculous thing being that they do it first class.

http://www.opendemocracy.net/article..._new_realities

Quote Originally Posted by MahaHrada View Post
    These oracles are no less fake, besides being many faked oracles, these cults are evil, in the war against china because of the cult of these low beings, armed poor peasants became possesed by oracle deitys and they promised them to be able to withstand bullets, they ran towards their enemies as cannon fodder, of course they were shot dead before even coming close to the chinese soldiers, these tibetan cults are disgustingly evil and criminal but the gullible westerners are fooled. These beings are so evil they even fight with each other pehar - nechung against shugden, their devotees are even going on murder sprees. http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...monastery.html
    I know the evil ness, but overall doesn't they seem much less fake than what we have in this domain. The presenter could not be lying when was thrown down by a force (nechung) that passed through him? At least so it seems.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    I know the evil ness, but overall doesn't they seem much less fake than what we have in this domain. The presenter could not be lying when was thrown down by a force (nechung) that passed through him? At least so it seems.
    Tibetans are expert fakers in my experience, the lamas even distributed photos of themselves with faked miracles, like invisibilty or miracoulous lights etc. When important Lamas die they put fake hair and teeths in the caves/ huts and drag the corpse out secretly to pretend that they have transformend their bodies to light and so on and so forth. Oracles and shamans always use all kind of tricks often pretending to remove stones or other substances from the body etc. they also keep stuff in the throat and gobble it up. There are also rumours of bribed oracles to deliver certain prophecies. Same fraud that also happens in India, even worse, with all the evil political agenda i think. I don´t know about thrown down in this documentray i did not look at it, but a lot of these effects is due to the power of the mind of the spectators and the impressive display of costumes and rituals is useful here, in general throwing people down without touching them is a quite common feat of stage hypnosis.
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 22 February 2012 at 11:57 AM.

Thread Information