Thread: Introduction

Introduction

I am glad to discover this forum, and to be a new member! My name is ShivaFan, and who knows - perhaps some old friends of mine are members as well. By way of introduction, I am married, and live a good life and have a daughter, and enjoy discussion and think of the many insightful revelations, discoveries and great joy I have been given from the words of Hindu friends, those who are wise and special, and from those who pretend nothing but live their honest life - be it a Punjabi friend Devraj (are you still out there, having returned to India?) to fellow Americans who love India, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jain or Sadarji or Christian or Jew or anyone seeking Dharma and duty. So many names I have had the opportunity to know, and teachers, and places by fate I have had the opportunity to visit. But mostly there is India, she lives in my heart since I was so young. Even at 8 I wanted to go. I still remember walking down the ramp from the plane the first time to India so long ago. I am getting old now - and like I tell my wife and relatives, when I die put my ashes in the Ganga at Manikarnika where the Earring Fell and Jai Ram, let me hear that something called the Taraka mantra, and my best friend and beloved angel is Hanuman my good and watchful presence. And Haribol spirit soul.
    Last edited by ShivaFan; 13 August 2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Removed personal name

Re: Introduction

Hari Om

Namaste Brian and welcome to HDF. Thanks for the introduction. Look forward to reading further discussions and sharings from you.
    Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Om Shanti

FFTW

Vannakkam Brian: Welcome to HDF, and I hope your stay here is a fruitful one.

Aum Namasivaya

Nice intro, Brian. Welcome to the forum!
    Fully aware of the deficiency of my intelligence, I concentrate my attention on the son of Pavana,
    And humbly ask for strength, intelligence and true knowledge to relieve me of all painful blemishes.

Namaste Brian,

Welcome to HDF, what a wonderful introduction; I look forwards very much to hearing of your experiences.

praNAma

mana

Namaste Brian,

Nice to have you join us on the forum. Welcome and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Sunyata07 and the following signature:

Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

Mr. Sunyata07-ji - This is an amazing quote! If you don't mind, I will add this to my collection of quotes and idioms. Is this from the Vedas? Was this from Shiva, or perhaps from Krishna, or Gautama Buddha? Or perhaps a great guru, teacher or other savant? It really does connect all the dots of what underlines the character of a human being, and eventual destiny ... and it all starts with thought! This one quote really means a lot to me, now that I have read it.

Hi i am Pinky Kulkurni. I am Sagittarius. What zodiac sign are you..The shape of the hand reveals a lot about the personality of the person, and you can make a fairly good guess about his or her nature just by looking at the hands http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKQu0ENxuiQ I have physic hand. what hand do you have?

Thread Information