Thread: COW

COW

Vanakkam,

In outside, Buddhism look like not have relation with sacred cow,

but in some esoteric teachings and sutras, there is strong relation (not many peoples know it)

1. In some special percepts on special practice (samaya), there is have percept special said that killing cow is considered as big sin.

2. In many Tantric sutra (Tantric Tripitaka) there is have many relation with cow dung , and etc about cow, with build mandala or shrine.

Many chinesse Buddhist tradition follower is not eat cow meat.

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

2. Re: COW

Quote Originally Posted by shian View Post

So good they are keeping their Vedic tradition alive in this time when Communists are ruling in China. Communists in India are nuisance against Hindus.

Maa gaamanaagaamaditim vadhishta

Don't let the cows be killed. (Rigveda 8.101.15)

Antakaaya goghaatam

Destroy the slayers of cows. (Yajurveda 30.18)

[CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Re: COW

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by PARAM View Post
    So good they are keeping their Vedic tradition alive in this time when Communists are ruling in China. Communists in India are nuisance against Hindus.
    Quote Originally Posted by shian View Post
    It has nothing to do with Vedic practices or belief. There's a practical reason Chinese of any or no religious tradition do not typically eat beef. Beef is very resource-expensive and intensive to raise. Herds of beef cattle require a very large area in which to graze, or for feedlots to be built. Anyone familiar with the US midwest and Canadian prairie can attest to the vast stretches of open land for pasture grazing and feedlots.

China does not have such land resource. Only 20% of China's area is fit for agriculture, and 80% of the population lives in that area. Pigs, ducks and chickens are foragers and will eat almost anything, requiring less resources. You will also not see sheep or lamb in typical Chinese cuisine for the same reason as cattle. One of the reasons Japanese Kobe beef is so expensive is because of the land also.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Maybe when i talk chinesse, yuo will think China as country ??

The chinesse i mean is chinesse who now stay around the world.

Chinesse around the world , in my town, many Hindu follower in India comunity (Hindu India) is chinesse peoples. So the comunitty is much of India and chinesse people, is they comunist ?

Chinesse people also in Taiwan, who have different political with mainland china (country).

Then,

about China as country,
    not all of their citizens is communist.

Just like India, not all India is Hindu

About chinesse religion philosohy is so many influence from India.

no need any recognition,

but the fact , i am chinesse , i am Buddhist,

but me and all my million Buddhist (same sect) brothers and sisters,
    all know Lord Ganesh and Lord Shiva
    and all know Lord Ganesh and Lord Shiva, Maa Sarasvati, Lord Narayana is manifestation of the TRUTH , Universe Highest Consciousnes.

This is the fact,
    (off course not all Buddhist like this, just simple like Hindu, not all Hindu is respect with worship of Lord Shiva, Lord Ganesh etc)

About not do anything to Veda,
    this word also no problem,

because even in same Hindu , different sect is also claimed other sect is have wrong view to Veda.

This is material world

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Beloved Friend, anyone with a kind heart, and an open mind will know that the people of China are not communist...anymore than an American is a Democracy.

People are Beloved Portions, not a governmental policy.

Chinese are many peoples. Can not say anything for sure about such a vast group of cultures. Except it is very diverse!

Namaste shian.

Yes, I was referring to China itself. I thought I was clear; if I wasn't I apologize.

Vannakkam: I always thought that refrigeration was a factor in what was used as meat. Smaller animals can be butchered and shared amongst just one extended family, or a few people, and eaten fresh. Whereas cows would feed a whole community. But I have no idea at all if my sense was accurate.

Aum Namasivaya

8. Re: COW

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post
    Beloved Friend, anyone with a kind heart, and an open mind will know that the people of China are not communist...anymore than an American is a Democracy.

People are Beloved Portions, not a governmental policy.

Chinese are many peoples. Can not say anything for sure about such a vast group of cultures. Except it is very diverse!

This is much true, Communist rule is a forced rule, communists are destroying the culture in Tibit, but Chinese are still keeping their culture.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: I always thought that refrigeration was a factor in what was used as meat. Smaller animals can be butchered and shared amongst just one extended family, or a few people, and eaten fresh. Whereas cows would feed a whole community. But I have no idea at all if my sense was accurate.

Aum Namasivaya
    I think that's part of it too. I personally believe it is also the basis of some of the dietary "guidelines" Hinduism follows, especially as laid out in B.G. chapter 17.10 "Food prepared more than three hours before being eaten, food that is tasteless, decomposed and putrid, and food consisting of remnants and untouchable things is dear to those in the mode of darkness."

There was a time that without some kind of preservation foods spoiled within a very short time in the heat of south Asia and southeast Asia. Sometimes there is a valid basis for things we just follow.

In northern Europe and Asia, during the ice ages, animal carcasses could be buried in shallow pits, covered, and kept preserved for the camp. Think of it as a paleolithic version of the root cellar.

Thread Information