Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi, everyone. I joined a few weeks ago, but didn't know how I wanted to introduce myself. I feel that now is the time to do so.

I am glad to have found this site and hope to learn from everyone. When I was still a youth, I had given up on the possibility that there could be a higher power because I didn't agree with the Christian view of the world. With the Christian view being the only view I had known, I felt that I couldn't believe in God. My views changed overtime, and I welcomed God back into my life from my own perspective. A few months ago, I read the only book that my city's public library had on Hinduism, and immediatly felt the connection I had been hoping to have. I feel close to Vishnu, and even though I don't know much of Krishna, I feel close to him as well.

I love what I have learned so far, and everytime I read anything from the Hindu scriptures, I feel a surge throughout my body that goes from head to toes. That may sound odd, but it's true. I can't wait to learn from everyone.

Leena

Re: Hello

Hello Leena, Welcome aboard.

There are lots of discussions here about Vishnu/Krishna that you will find to your interest.

Regards.

Hi Leena:

I'm pretty new here too. I welcome you to HDF, and I'm confident that you will find this wonderful community to be as helpful and supportive as I have.

Welcome!

Aakriti

Welcome to the forum, Leena !

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

welcome leena to HDF ,a light beacon in the sea of darkness.log in regularly and also read lots of gems of posts from begining.ask whatever doubt,your thirst for knowledge will be definitely fulfilled a great extent.
    Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.
    Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

My Lord is the Lord of Universe; My teacher is the teacher of the
    entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet
    of such a Guru, who has revealed such knowledge to me.

Dear Leena,

Wish you a life enhancing learning and growth in the spritual path.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

Namaste Leena,

Very pleased to meet you; every thing has its time. We are certainly in no rush, welcome to the forum.

praNAma

mana

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    Hi, everyone. I joined a few weeks ago, but didn't know how I wanted to introduce myself. I feel that now is the time to do so.

I am glad to have found this site and hope to learn from everyone. When I was still a youth, I had given up on the possibility that there could be a higher power because I didn't agree with the Christian view of the world. With the Christian view being the only view I had known, I felt that I couldn't believe in God. My views changed overtime, and I welcomed God back into my life from my own perspective. A few months ago, I read the only book that my city's public library had on Hinduism, and immediatly felt the connection I had been hoping to have. I feel close to Vishnu, and even though I don't know much of Krishna, I feel close to him as well.

I love what I have learned so far, and everytime I read anything from the Hindu scriptures, I feel a surge throughout my body that goes from head to toes. That may sound odd, but it's true. I can't wait to learn from everyone.

Leena
    Vannakkam: Welcome to HDF, and welcome home.

Depending on your city, there may well be more Hinduism around than you know. Hindus aren't religious advertisers.

Aum Namasivaya

Smile Re: Hello

Thank you all for making me feel welcome.

Smile Re: Hello

Namaste Leena,

Welcome to the forums!!

Thread Information