Namaste,
I am of the firm belief that dharma is something we can align ourselves with, practice. Yet it was here before we arrived on this earth and will be here when this earth is long gone.
I see that the single generation Hindus look at our dharma lot differently than we, who inherited it through successive generations and would like to protect and pass on hopefully to our descendents for many generations to come. For us, it is not a 'One Generation' garment. Others may think of it as a 'single use, throw away' item not worthy of care or protection, as it will get discarded after one generation any way. When we have a mindset that is in the 'use and discard' mode, why would we want to take ownership of it? It was here.... it will be here.... maybe.... maybe not.....who cares!

I am of the firm belief....
that is, my mind is made up, I will not compromise, don't try to tell me anything else, I will simply discard your mumbo jumbo. I have been to the top of the mountain and I have seen the truth.....

Under those conditions, what is the point of having a conversation?
It is either my way or the highway.

.... are you of the opinion that dharma depends on human intervention
Islam seems to have done a good job of showing that human intervention (through use of sword) can change the color of over 1 billion. The proud Zoroastrians of yesterday, through human intervention, became the newly minted Shia's and would die for this new virus that they have been infected with.

Pranam.