Thread: Caste Census

Caste Census

Hello All:

So, the other day, the census people came calling. They are apparently doing a second round to figure out the "caste" of people.

The lady asked me what my family's caste was.

I responded - "I do not want to reveal". There the matter ended.

Why should the government care which caste I belong to? To further divide the country on that basis? Worry about good governance, you morons, in New Delhi. We Indians can figure out our caste/religion for ourselves. In any case you do not care about my caste to help me or my country. You ask with the intention of further dividing the country whether you acknowledge that or not.

Hope you also found no reason to let the government know your "caste".

It is high time we make caste irrelevant in public policy.

Re: Caste Census

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    The lady asked me what my family's caste was.
    I responded - "I do not want to reveal". There the matter ended.
    Good for you. I hope everyone refuses to answer such questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    Worry about good governance, you morons, in New Delhi
    FYI, 'morons' are not limited to Delhi only. You can find them in each and every state. And they multiply faster than rest of the population.

Pranam.

3. Re: Caste Census

These morons are everywhere, they are something that are the real problem. India will survive without them, but not with them.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

4. Re: Caste Census

Namaste,

I have a question about castes . . .

I am not Indian. I am an American, so I was not given a caste at birth. Does that mean I get to choose?! Or do I just not have one at all?

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaIsLord View Post
    Namaste,

I am not Indian. I am an American, so I was not given a caste at birth. Does that mean I get to choose?! Or do I just not have one at all?
    Vannakkam: We westerners are all outcastes if you follow the social caste system. So some will say that that is what you are, and behave accordingly, treat you like a slave.

Fortunately, there are others who will treat you as you treat them, preferring to not make judgements until you display some behavior. Then, based on this behavior, they may or may not make some judgement, but the wiser will treat you accordingly. You may still be scorned,... or admired.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

It is a very hot topic. My advice is steer clear of it and don't allow anyone to club you into anyone or the other group.

Actually, Caste system is peculiar to India where this labeling started with occupation of the family. Scriptures talk of four Varnas only. This Varna should be decided by one's Guna (qualities) and Karma (actions). Lord Krishna tells the natural (inborn, easily coming into one's nature) qualities of various Varnas in Chapter - 18 of Bhagwad Gita. In ShAnti Parva of MahAbhArata similar views are expressed. VajrashUchikA Upanishad endorses the same views.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

7. Re: Caste Census

Namaste,

You don't need caste when you are not Indian, India have two castes one is reserved which enjoy different reservations for nothing and other in unreserved which pays for everything without receiving anything.

Castes are as follows -

Reserved -

Scheduled Castes (Mentioned in first schedule as castes)
    Enjoy reservation, preservation and other features in all government sectors (expect Military), for Hindus only

Scheduled Tribes (Mentioned in first schedule as tribes)
    Enjoy reservation, preservation and other features in all government sectors (expect Military), non Hindus are also accepted as ST

OBC (Described by government as backwards)
    Enjoy reservation, preservation and other features in all government sectors under creamy layer with some limits (expect Military), non Hindus are accepted only in non BJP ruled states.

Unreserved -

All others not having any of the above mentioned caste certificate, including the orphans, they are not entitled for any support from the government.

In short Caste system is politically motivated in India, death to this caste system.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Thread Information