Thread: Meditation on Durga Yantra

Meditation on Durga Yantra

Namaste...

Earlier today, I was meditating with the aid of the Durga Yantra. I was chanting 'Drugati Harni Durage Ambehe' and 'Om Sri Durgayei Namaha'.
    The strange ting that happened is that I closed my eyes after staring at the central dot (I don't recall its name at the moment), but I would vividly see another Yantra in the darkness of my eyes. It was vivid!! I glowed a beautiful blue and white radiance and my focus was very strong. So I was wondering if any of you had any interesting experiences with Yantras?

Dhanyavadah!
    Jai Maa Durga

Re: Meditation on Durga Yantra

Namaste cmorel,

I am very attracted to the yantras also, I find them to be very similar to some mathematical designs which I also love; I have often remarked that when I close my eyes after having stared into a light, I see patterns similar to yantra or fractals.

As an interesting side note, did you know that the human eyes are very slightly phosphorescent, or luminescent, I forget which; in that they also emit light, albeit at an extremely low level. Never the less; just like the phosphorescent material found in the sea, and also often found on the hands of a watch.

I believe there to be a form of dhyAna to help increase visual memory; in which the practitioner trains the eye to memorise images in this way. Starting with a flame, then an image of ones ishta devata; starting at the feet and looking upwards memorising as one goes, eventually on to text. Wouldn't it be great to be able to recall pages of script visually!

My self I am working on auditive memory at the moment, very useful for a musician but I should like to practise the visual training also; I am looking to find a lamp for this at the moment.

Bon continuation!

praNAma

mana
    Last edited by Mana; 26 March 2012 at 01:00 AM.

Namaste cmorel02,

First, Shubh Navratri if you are observing! If not, still I am happy to hear you are spending time with Beloved Maa Durga, in any respect.

While I have experienced some surprising things in path that have involved Sri Yantra, this was under the instructions and guidance of guru; no word of caution would be irresponsible.
    I would also like to ask you: (not in a dismissive way, but based on what you describe) could it not be partly what is referred to as a "negative afterimage"? I will show you what I mean-

Stare at the center of this image of Maa for 30 seconds, without wavering your eyes or blinking, then immediately shift the center of your gaze to a white surface. You should see Her in normal colors!

JAI MATA DI
    Attached Images Attached Images
    || जय माता की ||

Namaste JaiMaaDurga,

Wise words.

cmorel, I should defiantly heed JaiMaaDurga's words of advise as to instruction, a lit path is surly a safer way to finding ones true self, and direction.
    These exercises and meditations are not to be taken lightly.

Bon continuation.

praNAma

mana

Thread Information