Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help: Christ Risen?

Re: Help: Christ Risen?

One thought is that the whole plan of Adam and Eve sinning being punished, then sending down Christ seems rather convoluted.

Also the idea of a good God sending you to hell for all eternity seems rather un good for God. I've heard apologetics people say that you run away from God and form your own Hell... But from what I remember Jesus said "You will be thrown in hell and gnash your teeth if you do not believe in me" (paraphrasing). It seems like that is a contradiction with the christian idea of God.

I can see the point of hell, but more like a finite jail sentence than all of eternity.

One thing that apologetics people keep saying is that the majority of New Testament scholars agree that Jesus was buried in Joseph of Arimathea tomb, was not there in a little while, and his followers saw him. Now one thing I wonder is that are most New Testament scholars Christian?

Namaste,

The tradition concerning the crucifixion, death, and resurrection of Christ was originally metaphorical. The traditions that predate Christianity such as the mysteries of Dionysus, Bacchus, and cults of Mithras worshiped the 'son of god' who died for the sins of mankind and was resurrected. These mystery traditions were sects in which one had to be initiated by a teacher. The story of these savior gods was symbolic for enlightenment to these people. It is interesting to mention that there were also mystery traditions in Egypt who worshiped Osiris as the savior god. Many early Christians were Gnostics. These Gnostic Christians were also initiated into the pagan cult mysteries and many of those in the pagan mysteries were allowed to get initiated in Gnostic mysteries.

A good source to look into is the works of Peter Gandy who shows that Christ was a Pagan mystery deity.

Om Namah Shivaya

Namaste,

Sanjaya made many, many excellent points in post #19. If I were to quote it, I'd have to quote the whole thing.

Rudy, you asked if most New Testament scholars are Christian. Many probably are, but some are former Christians. Bart Ehrman is a former Christian.

Rudy, it sounds like you've got people talking to you and trying to convince you. Please don't let them pressure you! It would be better not to talk to them about this. I hope they aren't your family or your best friends.

Namaste Rudy,

A great thing to do right now would be to ask our dear Lord Ganesha to show you His grace in a strong and very powerful way. Most of all, be open to it, for it is always there.

Also, do some japa.

Jai Sri Ganesh
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I can see the point of hell, but more like a finite jail sentence than all of eternity.
    The concept of an eternal hell is one of the stupidest things to emerge in religion.

Infinite punishment simply for not believing in JC/Mohammed is immoral. A God that does that is unworthy of worship. It is also a childish way of playing Pascal's wager with non-believers.

It is hilarious to see Abrahamic apologists try their best [and fail] in justifying eternal hellfire. A few of these apologists are also aware that absent eternal hellfire, their religion falls apart and they become closer to the eternality of Hinduism.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    It is a common attitude of modernists who are disillusioned with Christianity to turn all world religions into the metaphorical, effectively secularizing all religious teachings by reducing it all to the philosophical and psychological. The important thing to remember for Hindus is that the historicity of Jesus has absolute no relevance, it should have no effect on Hinduism.
    Sahas,nice to see you.In all such posts,your presence were being missed and getting really bored.Hope all is well.
    Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.
    Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

My Lord is the Lord of Universe; My teacher is the teacher of the
    entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet
    of such a Guru, who has revealed such knowledge to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caltha View Post
    Namaste,

Sanjaya made many, many excellent points in post #19. If I were to quote it, I'd have to quote the whole thing.

Rudy, you asked if most New Testament scholars are Christian. Many probably are, but some are former Christians. Bart Ehrman is a former Christian.

Rudy, it sounds like you've got people talking to you and trying to convince you. Please don't let them pressure you! It would be better not to talk to them about this. I hope they aren't your family or your best friends.
    Luckily no one I know is trying to convert me. I just need to plunge into problems like this when they come up.

It came about when I was reading on Christian websites about the existence of God (I was struggling with Atheism at the time). Of course you eventually start reading about Christ in the arguments, and thats how I got here.

I do not know if it counts for anything but I wonder if beauty is a hint that Hinduism is true. I know that sounds subjective but I remember reading how some mathematicians said you know an equation is true partly by its beauty.

Just some thoughts.

I do not know if it counts for anything but I wonder if beauty is a hint that Hinduism is true. I know that sounds subjective but I remember reading how some mathematicians said you know an equation is true partly by its beauty.
    I don't think that I've ever consciously thought about it in these terms before, but looking back (and intuitively, as well, I realize), yes...I think that truth and beauty are connected in some real way or ways--and for the reason you cite: mathematical "beauty" invariably (to my understanding) is a component or a reflection of truth.

This is a very good insight for me, Rudy.

Thank you!

9. Re: Help: Christ Risen?

One thought is that the whole plan of Adam and Eve sinning being punished, then sending down Christ seems rather convoluted.
    What sin Adam and Eve did?
    How Jusus is son of God? Was Marry married to God to bear his son?

Also the idea of a good God sending you to hell for all eternity seems rather un good for God. I've heard apologetics people say that you run away from God and form your own Hell... But from what I remember Jesus said "You will be thrown in hell and gnash your teeth if you do not believe in me" (paraphrasing). It seems like that is a contradiction with the christian idea of God.
    God is hell sender to everybody for all eternity, but he will still accept only those who believe in Jesus, so what if people only believe in Jesus without converting to Christianity?

This god is nothing but a masterpiece of illusion, he hates all, why anyone goes to heaven to serve him?

One thing that apologetics people keep saying is that the majority of New Testament scholars agree that Jesus was buried in Joseph of Arimathea tomb, was not there in a little while, and his followers saw him. Now one thing I wonder is that are most New Testament scholars Christian?
    This hell is a great place where all great souls were sends, if all non Christians are going to hell then surely all our forefathers, who exist before Christianity, they are in hell, why shouldn't we join them?
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Thread Information