Thread: The Potential For Good

The Potential For Good

Yesterday One came upon the forum and touched a subject very dear to me.

But because of my slip in our creek...i damage my hand nearly impaled clear through by a large creek stone and am having problems typing too much.

yet, this is an important subject....this Potential each of us have inside.

So i come to bring about a conversation, a positive one about change and believing in your goodness.

When we become angry...a lot...it has the possibility of becoming habit...when we use bad language to others...this also bring about a habit.

So what about the positve examples of this?

When doing good...wishing well to others...coming with a heart of goodwill to everyone you meet?

Recently, i stumbled upon a conversation with children...they were organizing a group to harm my son. With few takers...they blasted this plan on facebook within my son's page. Which i also happen to have on my friends list...so i get notified.

Now, these children use drugs...alcohol...and weapons. Their home life so tragic...no parents...no love...hungry...dirty and angry.

I know this state well...it's hard to be nice when you have been treated so wretchedly.

This whole fight stem from my son, three months ago...posting on a picture of a friend. She was depressed and calling herself ugly...so my son say...you are my best friend, so beautiful...so not be sad.

One of these boys, 3 months later begin to date her...find this picture and freak out saying he was trying to get his girlfriend.

When the truth of it came out later...he admitted that he thought my son was rich. LOL! and that he hated "rich kids" with everything.

My poor son, fourth in line...the true middle child. Has to work for everything! We do not even give the children their own phones.

But, the truth of it was....my son does have Everything!

A mother and father who Love him so very very dearly....i buy his cookies.

The girls come to sell cookies...and it makes them so happy when you do. (But i no longer support them because of their organization)

But still that "buying of cookies" is so important. As each person have a passion...something they are very interested in....and for my children i invest wholy into their favorite thing. I call it... buying their cookies.

So one son loves chocolate cream pie....one loves music...one a writer....

Each one so very much in my heart.

No wonder this other child angry!

This start a fight ...as i come in to tell them...do not threaten my son or i will contact parents. This made the laugh...not one to contact.

They have nothing to lose by killing him.

I told them this is behavior like an animal...they not listen. Tell them i would contact school...and then i begin to tell them of my own childhood...being abandoned. This touch them somewhere...they began to tell me their story in private message. It touch me so much i cry a long time over their suffering.

This was our common ground.

So now this child is at peace with my son. I tell this young man to come to me anytime he needs something...and i mean it. He is now my son.

As is anyone who will have me.

This child...with nothing to lose, still has this birthright...bourne of Beloved...the potential for good lies as a seed to be nurtured.

Some....the vessel so broken...the potential may never see fruition. As beings such as Hitler show.

But, if one had come in time for even him...who knows how history would have turned out?

It may not seem like much...offering food or clothes to someone who needs them...or even just listening...truly listening.

But those moments where kindness and compassion were shown...become examples with which a Portion could very well change their trajectory...begin to believe in themself.

We can not change anothers set of karma lessons...but with kindness...and compassion...we become a respite, an oasis to another...a brief moment such as this can do wonders.

It did for me...

Re: The Potential For Good

Hari Om!

You've said it all, and so beautifully and perfectly. Thank-you for the lessons and reminders. My own "There's a nice way to say everything" is trumped by your finding a heart and soul in everyone. You are such a positive soul and great example for many. Peace my friend.

Jai Jai Hanuman!

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post

this is an important subject....this Potential each of us have inside.

So i come to bring about a conversation, a positive one about change and believing in your goodness.

This child...with nothing to lose, still has this birthright...bourne of Beloved...the potential for good lies as a seed to be nurtured.

Some....the vessel so broken...the potential may never see fruition. As beings such as Hitler show.

But, if one had come in time for even him...who knows how history would have turned out?

It may not seem like much...offering food or clothes to someone who needs them...or even just listening...truly listening.

But those moments where kindness and compassion were shown...become examples with which a Portion could very well change their trajectory...begin to believe in themself.

We can not change anothers set of karma lessons...but with kindness...and compassion...we become a respite, an oasis to another...a brief moment such as this can do wonders.

It did for me...

Hats off to your loving spirit! As I have been posting in my previous posts, I am currently on a cliffhanger on the job front. Nothing seems to be working out. The only thread that I am holding onto tightly is faith in God that HE will take care (I have done all that I could possibly do) . In such circumstances, I cannot help but "see" hatred rising in me for those (in my organization) who can do a lot to help me but are looking the other way because it doesn't bother them? Surprisingly once I "see" hatred reducing, I am presented with an ironic thought ... Havent I in the past been indifferent to others around? Havent I in the past looked the other way when some beggar had come infront of me?

Truly.. there is a learning in suffering .

Namaste Naya,

You tackled this grave situation quite well and also gave us a valuable lesson. Thanks. :

I am still working on my anger and other negativities. Hope to win one day ... may be soon !

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

lol we all on a slippery rock when anger comes.

Let me tell you how i hurt my hand.

All afternoon, after my duties...i went to pray in this water. It's cold...wonderful.

But when the children come home they were sad i went down while they were in school. So, after making a very large meal, i took them...alone...,and i was tired too...much work for that day.

Now...husband was on his way home, the hour commute, too long to wait. The temp outside was 65 and the water 55...sooo...sun setting was not a good idea. The hour was already past 6:30.

The twins, they are beautiful and also 8 year old fussy kids.

We get down into the water and they immediately want me to take them into the water fall. Since this visit is all for them i conceded many times and took them all over the stream into the various wonderful places. Finally, from above, a beautiful vision appear. Beloved Husband come along to say hello.

The twins want to go see him, so i help my daughter carefully move along the rocks which are slippery as ice. Place her safely upon the log in my blog pictures. Next, the son....but halfway as we descend out of the water fall he says...not the log ...that rock!

Without thinking....and trying to be patient..but also very tired from my day...and these constant transfers in the water. I pivotted my feet upon that rock slab. Not wise.

I slipped upon this space surrounded by raisor edged rocks. My hand almost ran completely through in the center by one.

A smaller second hole was right between my pointer finger and ring finger tendons. It was horrible.

But i did not cry. The water being so cold...so clean, it immediately constricted the bleeding. I had been really wishing to sit down in the flat waterfall...to sing. But, the chill...and the children made me not. But, since i was already wet...and the husband there, i went and sat down upon the flat edge of the waterfall and pray to Beloved Mother...and sing.

Water is a very special way to reach them i feel.

I left my hand in that water for nearly 30 minutes. Then walked back home.

My main concern was the cracked ribs and tail bone. I felt crack when i went down. But i was broke all over. From my toes all the way to my hand. My head spared or we may not be having this conversation.

I could see the fall was making my son upset, feeling it was his fault. Truly...they drug me up and down this creek...and i understand why he felt guilty. So i say it was all my fault.

On the walk to our house, trying to keep calm, my son say..."This was a perfect dip! well with the exception of one bad thing..."

What one thing?

"I almost slipped in the water."

Now, here is where things get weird.

This happened Monday night. My hand black and blue...fingers locked into place unmoving. But by wednesday night, the two puncture holes were completely healed over where i could no longer see down into my hand. The swelling reduced so much that my fingers are begining to work again. I cant bend them so much but they arent locked up.

My husband and i stare in amazement at this as i am the worst healer...it is the most wonderful miracle. Today, i am going back down.

But most importantly, when this happen. i was truly concerned with birdy and his feelings. I didn't allow my frustration make him feel responsible. Even his comment about the worst thing...my reply was..."oh it couldn't be your mother taking a dunk?"

Sometimes bad things happen...you just have to keep your eyes upon the horizon...that place...the distant possibility of healing...and being out of pain. That place is now where i am.

Within that creek...it was where i kept myself. On that horizon...where hope live.

Today this moment...now slipping past and merely a silly story, seem like a lesson, not much of an accident.

We just have to squeeze that lesson for all its worth...not allow a bad moment to pass without evaluation and examination for the secret teaching.

If we waste it...and do not learn...the potential for another slip is almost guaranteed.

If suffering did not have a purpose, i don't think i would still be here.

It had to...

Namaste,

So many lessons, so much to learn from all this.

Pranam.

Namaste Nayasurya,

I believe a lot more people (certainly myself included) could learn from what you write about. Your post has got me thinking about the potential for good and joy in people. I see it around me a lot sometimes. People with the worst kinds of background imagineable. There are some children I see from a distance, some I know personally, and I feel like even with parents they are just as if they are without for the neglect and the lack of true empathy in their lives. Growing up in this world can be excruciatingly difficult. Much of it is down to the grace of God, and being blessed enough to be born in a happy, safe and wholesome environment. This is already half the battle. Otherwise I can't imagine how difficult it must be. I really believe everyone has the potential to be good and to be filled with the same joy that the purest and most devoted bhaktas can feel when they pray and work for the well-being of all around them. The truth is that everyone wants to be loved. Even the most seemingly despicable people on earth hunger for it, and in their suffering and the unfolding of karma, they sometimes make bad choices and wrong decisions that lead them further away from it rather than closer to that joy. But it's there. I hope to see it more and more, and learn to show greater patience and compassion for them rather than anger at their ignorance.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Hari Om

Namaste to all,

Think what you write Nayasurya, seems so powerfully true in my view. What a complex world this is. In prisons went through a few riots. One, will never forget for many different resons from "norm". Many of Portions who were inmates, in many instances on this day, pulled other inmates off of staff and others being attacked. Never saw such a thing and great lesson and reminder. Through years and seven prisons, frequently see selfless acts from those defined as human garbage.

Even though would not show them my throat, saw many of worse respond to kindness. Just rambling to profound Original Post, so much to consider...

Om Shanti

FFTW

Thread Information