Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is realizing SELF restricted to a subset?

Re: Is realizing SELF restricted to a subset?

Namaste Seeker,

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Both of you have enunciated something that is has been in my thought. How do I know the enlightened being and how do I benefit from their association?
    How do you know ? How do you find ? ===> Truly speaking, there is no straight answer. You go by what people say and also you realise when you come into contact with them. There are some acid test which you must do to make sure you don't fall into trap of some conman :

If one is Self-realised he should possess these bare minimum qualities :

a) No lust for money, power or his own physical comfort
    b) Have all his senses in control
    c) Very loving to one and all ===> However, there are exceptions when the Self-realised souls try to keep the world away from them and for that they outwardly depict some scaring tactics
    d) There is no my/mine feelings
    e) Can sit in one upright posture for long (shows his long meditation capacity)
    f) Eyes and general behaviour would show no sense of urgency/restlessness, very calm in all situations

Due to this very nature, it is difficult to know the existence of such beings. This is where I believe scriptures and sadhanas might help – i.e in identifying the true masters.
    It is not easy to find them unless they are on some mission set by their Gurus for some bigger worldly role to play for the spiritual upliftment of the people.

Which leads me to believe that if I am honest in my search and indulge myself in meditation , one such being will be revealed to me. This is my belief .
    I believe in this. Ramana Maharishi once said, "True Guru will appear at the right time. So, don't be in a hurry to accept someone a Guru. If you are at a very lower level of spirituality, you will get a Guru of similar state (who may be a fraud) if you hurry because you attract the lower spiritual vibrations".

Guru Gita also tells us what a Guru must have in him/her.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Vannakkam: Another long-held tradition (at least within my tradition) is that a Guru cannot teach until at least one student comes along and asks him to. Then the number of students stays reasonably small so there can still be direct student teacher contact.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Yet I must agree - this state of Being is beyond mood making. Some like to think this level of Being is a mental construct, a mood to be in, to pretend... this is all just the an extention of moha. This is why the wise inform us , it is knowlege and experience that delivers you to the door of fullness. It is that state in which the yogin digests the the whole world in his/her Self.
    Namaste yajvan All,

Mood is a delusion befitting the state of the ego, when reality ripples; how can this be ascribed to the self or mood?
    A bug bare of mine is towards the general perception of Bi-polarity, it is mistakenly perceived as being the mood that swings, this is not the case. It is the perception of self that changes, how one reacts; is a symptom of that change and not its cause.

When properly harnessed, surly bliss prevails?

I prefer tri-polarity to describe this condition, as it accounts also for those who live with this awakening in a satvic fashion. Those that are blessed with sound dharma and a realised Guru to guide them. They are surely blessed, yet those that feel adharma about them; surly they react?

To my mind we are all tri-polar, the difference between those that seek and those that are content is rooted in awareness and dharma.

Jung coined the phrase "synchronisity", which fits nicely my experience of reality, yet; Modern physics describes the true state of reality; the one that we perceive about us in such a limited fashion, as being "spacetime" the fabric of space and time is bent by mass or energy. The 4th dimention is integral with an inseparable from the 3 dimentions of space.

Space and time are bent by mass thus by energy.

To rephrase:

Space and time are formed by and of shakti.

Only those of a more linear outward nature could possibly mistake this for ones mood. The most linear are completely oblivious to their own changes of state, they wobble completely oblivious. The existence of saMskAra and the limits of ones discrimination leading to moha.

Neuro epigenetic patterns, which enchant and delude us. They flower in our minds across generations, giving life to our very nature; reflecting both our state and beliefs; reflected also in the universe about us.

Just a few thoughts ...

praNAma

mana
    Last edited by Mana; 01 April 2012 at 02:18 PM.

Thread Information