Thread: Things I learned this Vasant/Chaitra Navratri

Things I learned this Vasant/Chaitra Navratri

Namasté my friends

These last nine days have been very, very long. I have observed my first fast (or tried my best to) for nine days, and I have learned so much on how I should control my diet, my prayers during the day, and my actions to others, myself, and the Supreme. I have learned over these past few days, that one should eat as much sattvic food as possible, and to make a habit of it. And it is ok to eat raja based foods, just not too much, sattvic is a lot better for one, it helps generate agni within very much. Secondly, it's good to pray. I learned how praying through the day, chanting mantras, ect. really helps bringing one towards Brahman. It's good. Early morning poojas (I did mine at 6:00 A.M. and usually lasted about 45 mins) are very good, your love for your own personal god/goddess increases very much, and adding different gods to the shrine, or replacing the main mutri with another for of the supreme will help you love increase for the different forms of the Divine and humans. It's truly good to do things for that (so I've learned). And doing duties and giving the results to your personal deity also helps on your own path. It increases passion for helping others. It makes you feel really really good. Or it did me at least. My devotion could have been a bit better over these last few days, and I could have tried a little harder to restrain from certain activities, but I did do my best. I tried. And that's what counts. This is what I've learned over these last days. It has very much helped me on my road to the Supreme. Also kind of wanting to live in Hindu Monestary for a while. Not sure how long...but I want to for some time. I just thought that I could share my experiences with you guys.

Dhanavad...for reading my posts. Love you guys!!

Om Om Om!!! <3 <3 <3
    Jai Maa Durga

Re: Things I learned this Vasant/Chaitra Navratri

Hari Om

Namaste CMore,

Thank you for sharing your experiences and happy for you.

Om Shanti

FFTW

Thread Information