Thread: Shiva and Cernunnos

Shiva and Cernunnos

Namaste,

I always find it fascinating that many deities worshiped around the world have many similarities. We know that Shiva is one of the most ancient deities worshiped along with others. There are some theories that claim that Cernunnos a (from fertility cults much like Lord Rudra) is indeed Shiva. Others do not agree, but there are those who see these two as a similar archetypes. Are there any other information concerning the worship of Shiva and worship of Cernunnos? I found this wikipedia article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pashupati

Om Namah Shivaya

Re: Shiva and Cernunnos

Namaste SS,

Indeed it is fascinating how Hinduism influenced the pre-Abrahamic pagan religions of the world. This link has good information about the connections between Hinduism and Druidry including a section about Shiva, Pashupati, and Cernunnos: http://www.druidry.org/druid-way/oth...druidry-dharma

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Re: Shiva and Cernunnos

Thanks Ramakrishna. This is some good material. There seems to be many layers of similarities. I also find that Goddess Morrigan is a type of Celtic Kali. It is such a mystery as to what has happen in history. It does make sense how the Dharma could influence so many diverse groups through trade, migration, and since it is one of the oldest civilization the knowledge of Dharma must have spread. I find that even some of the Mayan deities have yogic poses. It seems almost to indicate that these types of similarities are either inspired due to all these cultures realizing the One Truth or it could be that One Truth being passed on to other cultures.

Om Namah Shivaya

Thread Information