Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small ways to show gratitude?

Re: Small ways to show gratitude?

Namaste,

I had not thought my post could engender such responses from our esteemed members. That said, I appreciate every word each of you writes, and I would be lying if I said it didn't make me feel a little bit better about my previous post about feeling tainted and lacking in the spiritual integrity I have often criticised myself for not feeling I possess.

I guess what I have gathered from all your responses is even little gestures are good enough as thanks to God. I think making big, grand sweeping acts of love can be good too sometimes, but mostly it is what comes from the heart, that seat of the anahata is what matters the most. I have been greatly blessed by God, even to come back to this site and share such spritual wisdom with souls such as yourselves. I hope to be worthy of the boons I have been given and make sure I spread the same chance for joy to all I encounter. Wishing you all the same happiness and contentment I find myself in, and to see beyond the transcience of what is gained and what is lost, which is to say nothing. Just peace in knowing you can trust in the Divine Beloved.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Namaste,

I learned to offer Gratitude in my Sadhana. When I start doing my Japa I pray to give me Shakti do Japa, when I am done I offer Gratitude for letting me do Japa. Same way I offer my Gratitude to Annapurna Devi for giving me food I do ask for these food gives me shakti to do bhakti.

I am still learning my Sadhana, I still need to learn to give Gratitude at every moment of like. Some one talked with me like we can offer our gratitude when doing even our laundry, Gratitude to cloths that they protect me from from cold, wind, rain, sun. There are small - small moments on which we can offer our Gratitude, like my car. It gives me ride to different places I travel, but still learning.
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

Vannakkam: Quite the topic, as it infiltrates and affects so much of everyday life. Who amongst us can honestly say they've never felt unappreciated?

"A thankless job, but someone has to do it."

Just in smiles, 'pleases', 'thank yous' opening doors, pleasant personalities, greetings, simple politeness, tipping, carrying little things, giving of small amounts of time, offering kind words, and more. It goes on (or off) like the light switches in a house.

But the detriments to society become obvious without it ... more fighting, more hard feelings, poor service from those in the service industry, volunteers not volunteering, employees never going the extra mile, spouses interacting begrudgingly.

I appreciate the folks here on HDF ... companionship, insight, humour, sharing of solutions, offering of other POVs to open my mind, inspirational testimony, and much much more.

Thanks.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by TouchedbytheLord View Post
    Namaste all.

Another very important thing imo, that I forgot to mention, is to "pay it forward" in the Lord's or Maa's name. Give a donation of food to an animal shelter, or to a food pantry, or pay a small part of someone's grocery bill who may be at a disadvantage. I think it's a great way of giving thanks for what we receive. Imo, offerings to and for the Lord or Divine Mother does not only mean saying "Lord or Maa bless this banana" then consuming it as prasad.
    Paying it forward is the method I like to use.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowlotus View Post
    Paying it forward is the method I like to use.
    Yes, truly. I think it's best. Moreover, see the second line of this hymn, Vaishnav Janato. It's one of the reasons I am reluctant to reveal the things I do to help.

He who understands the pain of others is one of God's own.

Helping others in sorrow does not reduce his humility.

This person respects all people in the world,
    and does not condemn or criticize anyone.

He is pure in speech, deed and thought.
    His mother is blessed indeed!

He is equanimous and has given up all desires.

To him, all other women are mothers.

He never speaks the untruth,
    not even if his tongue is tired.

He does not covet others' wealth.

Delusion and attachment de not affect him,
    his mind is firm in detachment.

He is ever engrossed in God's name and meditation,
    and he embodies all places of pilgrimage.

Such a person has no greed and deceit.

He has overcome lust and anger.

Narsi says: Such a person is worthy of worship,
    and alone elevates his entire race.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Thread Information