Thread: An “awake” being coming through town!

An “awake” being coming through town!

How’s this one for a more practical analysis!

Is it possible to have criteria for an outward recognition of an enlightened person?
    If I were to tell you that I met someone who is constantly in “Turiya”, what would be the recognizable attributes of such a person? If we all were to meet such a person, what would take us to be in agreement of that recognition (if any)?

While, one might argue it is an individual experience of such an encounter that varies from person to person or one might say beauty has no definition and is in the eye of the beholder then we have nothing to discuss beyond this argument. Therefore, treat this as merely a discussion and as such, does not have to be rigid in answers.

Blessings,

Re: An “awake” being coming through town!

Quote Originally Posted by nirotu View Post

Is it possible to have criteria for an outward recognition of an enlightened person?
    If I were to tell you that I met someone who is constantly in “Turiya”, what would be the recognizable attributes of such a person? If we all were to meet such a person, what would take us to be in agreement of that recognition (if any)?

While, one might argue it is an individual experience of such an encounter that varies from person to person or one might say beauty has no definition and is in the eye of the beholder then we have nothing to discuss beyond this argument. Therefore, treat this as merely a discussion and as such, does not have to be rigid in answers.

Blessings,

Only samadhi is externally discernible due to immobilty (usually).

For Turiya, external criteria are not important or have no commonality. Only criteria that is always valid is that such a being will transmit peace to his surroundings. Turbulent minds take rest under such a presence.

But Turiya itself is not localized, so a person need not be in the near environment.

In general.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Re: An “awake” being coming through town!

Hari Om
    ~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by nirotu View Post

If I were to tell you that I met someone who is constantly in “Turiya”, what would be the recognizable attributes of such a person? If we all were to meet such a person, what would take us to be in agreement of that recognition (if any)? Blessings,
    Namaste nirotu,
    what a wonderful and delightful question...
    Atanu gives a good insight on his post.
    From the outside, one can 'feel' this wholesomeness this darshan of fullness, but could not capture the notion that this person is jivanmukti.
    Because it is a 100% subjective experience, the outward condition is not varifiable, yet some would say there are indications. Some would like there to be a test ( EKG, EEG, blood levels, etc etc) that would without a doubt confirm one's inner state, yet again, this can be directionally correct , yet they are not THE indicators, especially from our observations of sight, feel, etc. of our viewing.

Yet, it is my assessment that one jivanmuki knows of the other, because s/he is an extention of themselves and there are no doubts. For the rest of us, we will not know for sure, but need to rely on our intuition to asssit us if, at all, possible. For me, when I had the opportunity to observe, the number one thing I noticed was the restful alertness, the calmness of the sadhu. Could one be this level of calm and still be un-enlightened, yes, no doubt. Another has been the brightness and clarity of the eyes. It is said Brahman resides ( while we're awake) in the right eye. I found the eyes to be the ocean of quiet and fullness. Now would a retnal scan see any thing of this nature, no.
    We can only guess.... and it really depends on our clarity of mind too. Are we attuned to this frequency in others to notice? or are we adrift in the thousands of thoughts that parade through our minds daily? To this I look to Turiya and the time when this becomes our state of being.
    Little mind is no more, we take on His mind.

pranams, and thank you for a wonderful question for the HDF participants.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information