Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is karma located?

Re: Where is karma located?

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Yet if one asks where does it lie within the the individual ? It is found in the impressions/vasana-s found within the mind. They manifest when the proper conditions arise as a ~stimulus~. This is an action that causes that impression to manifest, or move from a dormant state to an active state.
    Namaste All,

It is of interest to note that this analogy of yajvan's is somewhat mirrored by the phenomenon known as "neuro epigenetic" In which long term memory is stored upon dna within neurons.

It is now recognised that Human (and other animal) genes can be switched on and off by life's trials and tribulations; successes and pleasures.

If we are capable of thought in multiple dimensions we can visualise the epigenetic nature which is dna which has been percieved as fractal; through time, and across space, creating the propensity for intuitive memory; thus with that at our Human level of existence, also knowledge.

Let us not forget that all chemical bonds are made via electrons, we might like to also think of a fractal magnetic field in which this dna* is somewhat suspended.

Think, Salmon returning to the same stream from where they are born, or, Innate fear of snakes ...

I am however only theorising!

praNAma

mana

*dna has a base of phosphorus; an intriguing element closely related to both light and life ...
    Last edited by Mana; 08 April 2012 at 12:06 AM.

Vannakkam: I've read that mystically, seed karmas lie within the sahashara chakra resembling a Lotus flower. They stay dormant there until the devotee is ready and willing, at which time they come 'out' and become alive, waiting for manifestation and impending experiences that allow them to be worked out. These are karmas from many lifetimes back.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste EM,

I love that imagery, it really highlights the notion of time and ones path. That it is we, by our thoughts and actions, that activate possible paths which reveal truth to us; it all is so homogeneous when seen in this light.

praNAma

mana

namaste everyone.

Where is karma located? Karma is rightly spoken of as seeds with a potential to sprout in future, but are the seeds in a tree located anywhere unless the tree blossoms and bears fruit?

• In the same way, I think that karma--merit of an action, develops through karman--action, born out of kAmaH--wish, desire. shrI KRShNa says in his GItA:

Never, not even for a moment, does one abide without performing action. One is compelled irresistibly to action by guNas--the qualities--of prakRuti--Nature.

• This means that once a jivAtman is born as a human being, it is compelled and impelled by prakRuti to indulge in actions which have the potential to ripe into seeds of karma and stored in the antaHkaraNa until they are destroyed or experienced.

• We can control our kAmam--desire, using our saMkalpam--will power, which is why free will is associated with present karma that we create in this birth. Once we acquire the ability to firewall our actions from developing into karma seeds, we might be able to find ways to burn our existing seeds of karma.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

For those with keen interest, more can be found here: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=8360&highlight=karman

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Consciousness - the same place as everything else!
    If you found out that you were god, dreaming a life for yourself, and that you were identical with the external world, you would ask yourself: "So, what would I have happen to me in my life? what would be my perfect drama?":cool1:

You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever.

Thread Information