Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shiva Bhaktaa

Re: Shiva Bhaktaa

Namaste,

I would love to learn from other bhaktas and bhaktaas how they move through their devotion and understanding of their relationships with God... how their worship has developed over the years... what kinds of discussions they have with others, with gurus and students and share experiences. Much of this is so personal that it would likely not happen in a forum setting, I think. ...and it doesn't even matter if someone is a Shaivite or even a non-Hindu (whatever that means)....

It's just that since studying Sanskrit, my life has changed. I've accepted a whole new set a priorities and ideas about people and life and the world - nay - the universe! ...how wonderful it would be to meet and get to know others on the path... so commited to God... so yearning for a closer relationship...!!!

I see people like that here... And thanks for the input... for stepping forward.

If anyone would like to send me a private message regarding this, I would accept it with humility and gratitude and do my utmost to respond with God in my sights... :-) Or, of course, if you're comfortable posting to the community, that's great too!!! It just seems, as I said above, that it's unlikely to talk with much depth here... no?

With love

Namaste Amala,
    Like you mentioned it is a personal journey you have to embark on your own. If you feel you are attracted to Lord Shiva or any god read about him/her through scriptures and articles etc., Since you are learning Sanskrit reading scriptures directly in Sanskrit would surely improve your understanding in the language. And when you have pleasure reading a particular scripture about Lord Shiva it means you soul is joyful about him and that's the beginning of your journey. The more closer you get to Lord Shiva you will think about him all the time and He is on your tongue. And your love for Him will keep on increasing
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Namaste realdemigod,

Thank you for your compassionate remarks. :-) The scriptures don't teach me to understand; that comes in meditation. What you suggest is a different path to God. This is why I hope to find friends for personal sharing wherein we look at each other and share and grow together. That would be the cat's meow! :-) My teacher thinks I am learning from the Gītā, but (so far) that is not the case. It is merely the friend who understands how I view the universe. To find that friend outside of a book is what I hope for - whatever their path - Christian, agnostic, Shaivite... whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by realdemigod View Post
    Namaste Amala,
    Like you mentioned it is a personal journey you have to embark on your own. If you feel you are attracted to Lord Shiva or any god read about him/her through scriptures and articles etc., Since you are learning Sanskrit reading scriptures directly in Sanskrit would surely improve your understanding in the language. And when you have pleasure reading a particular scripture about Lord Shiva it means you soul is joyful about him and that's the beginning of your journey. The more closer you get to Lord Shiva you will think about him all the time and He is on your tongue. And your love for Him will keep on increasing
    Last edited by Amala; 15 April 2012 at 12:20 PM.

Namaste Amala,
    You are welcome. Honestly I didn't understand what are you looking for. Scriptures teach you even methods of worshipping and getting closer to God. Hope someone here has else to offer you.
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Namaste,

I know... I have a hard time putting it into words. As for scriptures, perhaps I simply haven't encountered relevant ones yet. Mostly, though, I find whatever I need in terms of what to do for spiritual practice comes in silence.

Quote Originally Posted by realdemigod View Post
    Namaste Amala,
    You are welcome. Honestly I didn't understand what are you looking for. Scriptures teach you even methods of worshipping and getting closer to God. Hope someone here has else to offer you.

Thread Information