Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self or svātman

Re: Self or svātman

Could we not also compare this 9% expansion/contraction to shakti? Existing between the two states, a transformation.
    One which occurs in accordance with this change in temperature ,in harmony with it, but not necessarily because of it.
    Thus giving the expansion, the impression that it is its self the very object.

Without this change of material state; could it be said that life would not exist on this fine planet, life upon which is
    suspended the recognition of self, by the Self, of it's SELF the very same, self similar shakti of transformation.
    Could you explain it a little more? I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but it might be too that I don't understand Shakti so well.

Maya

2. Re: Self or svātman

हरिः ओम्

Namaste Maya3,

Certainly Maya i can only hope that my ramblings serve to aid your understanding and not complicate them,
    These are the tools I use to visualise and understand these concepts, please forgive me if my ideas are in any
    way misleading.

Śakti is I ness of a very fundamental or pure form; if we consider self to be a song, Self is the grove in a record
    and including knowledge of that grove.
    Śakti is the vibration, that this groove represents; the energy of the song.

Do you see what I mean?

You might well ask; how does this relate to freezing water?

If we take the temporal boundary between frozen and liquid water, this is fractal in nature; as the disordered
    molecules of liquid water become crystalline, water freezes. The disordered molecules become highly organised
    forming a geometric structure, as if following a pre set pattern. But how do we get from complete disorder to an
    ordered structure? This transformation happens in a very fractal way. We need only look to the formation of
    snowflakes for an eloquent example of this.

Why does this happen? This is to my mind the boundary between the material and the energetic form of matter
    seeping through,
    becoming visible at these junctions, at the edges or the boundary's of these differing states.

So the "shape" of the energy which transforms the water into an ice cube; also plays a part in the ice cubes
    identity, by changing its physical material form from within, in the case of snow, when the ice forms free from
    gravity and due to other conditions, this energy creates an infinite quantity of forms, of which no two are ever
    quite the same; as if each snow flake were its self a delicate slice or cross section of this energy, this
    Śakti. Very
    beautifully demonstrated, all be it briefly; in a material form.

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    8i8

Re: Self or svātman

So the "shape" of the energy which transforms the water into an ice cube; also plays a part in the ice cubes
    identity, by changing its physical material form from within, in the case of snow, when the ice forms free from
    gravity and due to other conditions, this energy creates an infinite quantity of forms, of which no two are ever
    quite the same; as if each snow flake were its self a delicate slice or cross section of this energy, this Śakti. Very
    beautifully demonstrated, all be it briefly; in a material form.
    Oh I like that, thank you!

That is a beautiful way to explain it.

Maya

Thread Information