Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you believe in Jesus and be a Hindu?

Re: Can you believe in Jesus and be a Hindu?

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namaste Leena,

You are more than welcome Leena. How have you come to discover sanAtana dharma?

Are you drawn to any particular lineages at the moment or maybe you are still absorbing the general philosophy? It is quite a change from the somewhat "Newtonian" mindset of many European or American schools. Please forgive my scientific bent, it's just that to my mind this effects us as much if not more than other dharma.

praNAma

mana
    I came to Sanatana dharma around November of last year when I read a book from my library. I felt this strong connection right away with Vishnu and Krishna. Since then, I've read the Ramayana and am now reading the Mahabharata and the Vedas.

2. Re: Can you believe in Jesus and be a Hindu?

There are many Hindus who have Christian friends, they do belive in Juesus just from outside but when those fake friends mock Hinduism, this fake friendship ends there.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    I came to Sanatana dharma around November of last year when I read a book from my library. I felt this strong connection right away with Vishnu and Krishna. Since then, I've read the Ramayana and am now reading the Mahabharata and the Vedas.
    Vannakkam: I hope you get a chance to visit a temple soon, if you haven't already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...States#Indiana

Aum Namasivaya

I was wondering if you could consider yourself Hindu while agreeing with the teachings of Jesus without the rest of the Christian views, like eternal heaven/hell, belief in Satan, and anti-idol worship
    Difficult.

I searched for "Christianity images" in google. The picture that came about first was this bloody, gory, SAD image.

In contrast, "Hinduism images" turned up the following image:

As should be clear, Hinduism concepts of divinity are infused with fun, joy and elation. Xian concepts of divinity are filled with sadness and death.

Thus, Jesus is not deserving of inclusion under the Hindu pantheon.
    Last edited by wundermonk; 14 April 2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: added unrestricted image

Hello Leena,

When I first joined this forum, I asked myself the exact same question.
    I have found that you should believe whatever and however you want to believe. It is your own spirituality and path in life. Please don't allow anyone to discourage you.

Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by UniversalLove View Post
    When I first joined this forum, I asked myself the exact same question.
    I have found that you should believe whatever and however you want to believe. It is your own spirituality and path in life. Please don't allow anyone to discourage you.
    Of course, you can belief whatever you want, you can also belief in unicorns, but such beliefs have no relevance in a discussion about Hinduism.
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 14 April 2012 at 01:35 PM.

In post #23 I showed why from a purely imagery sense, Hinduism is superior and richer.

Now, I will add a few more reasons why belief in Jesus is incompatible with Hinduism.

The entire soteriology of Xity is based on Jesus dying for our sins. In no other way can I think one can make sense of Jesus' death and resurrection. He HAD to die so that the infinity of our sins can be vicariously washed away.

There is nothing equivalent to this within Hinduism.

In Karma/Reincarnation, YOU [your self to be more precise] are the maker of your own destiny. This should make a Hindu the maker of his own destiny.

Next, Christianity is based on Adam/Eve or a set of first humans. They sinned and thus all of us are fallen since the time in the Garden of Eden. Thus, belief in JC entails a belief in a God that kick started this universe with sin. JC HAD to die to wash away your sin, my sin, Adam's sin, Eve's sin, etc. etc.

In Hinduism, creation is a pleasureable and sinless and joyous experience.

"There was no one to know who I am...until I created this world, at my pleasure...with the words....OOOOOMmmmmm." is a famous Vedic statement.

Christianity is based on HISTORICAL occurences - existence of Adam/Eve, crucifixion of JC, his subsequent resurrection, a physical day of doomsday/day of Judgement at some finite point in time in the future, etc. etc. If any one of these are proven false, Xity crumbles. See this thread - Evangelicals question the existence of Adam/Eve.

Hinduism is beyond history and personalities. Krishna/Rama need not even have existed...the purpose of Bhagavad Gita, Mahabharata and Ramayana are to expound Dharma via the beautiful, rich and fertile form of an epic. Hinduism is thus more robust.

Thus, Xity is stifling and makes one narrow minded and pretty much intolerant of diversity.

Hinduism is liberating, appealing to higher levels of Maslow's hierarchy of needs and inherently tolerant.

I was wondering if you could consider yourself Hindu while agreeing with the teachings of Jesus without the rest of the Christian views, like eternal heaven/hell, belief in Satan, and anti-idol worship
    A more interesting set of questions would be the following on a Christian forum.

(1)Will you be happy in heaven knowing that I am burning in hell next door for eternity?

(2)Will Jehovah admit entry into heaven for atheists/Hindus?

(3)I do not believe Jesus was God...I believe he was just human. He also performed no miracles. Can I be considered Christian?

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    A more interesting set of questions would be the following on a Christian forum.

(1)Will you be happy in heaven knowing that I am burning in hell next door for eternity?

(2)Will Jehovah admit entry into heaven for atheists/Hindus?

(3)I do not believe Jesus was God...I believe he was just human. He also performed no miracles. Can I be considered Christian?
    More interesting questions to ask in a Christian/Islamic forum

(4)I believe in Krishna when he says in the BG that the universe is eternal and uncreated. Can I be a Xian/Mohammedan?

(5)I dont believe in eternal heaven/eternal hellfire. Can I be a Xian/Mohammedan?

(6)I believe in evolution and no Adam/Eve. Can I be a Xian/Mohammedan?

(7)I dont believe homosexuals should be killed as instructed by Jehovah/Allah. Can I be a Xian/Mohammedan?

Just leave Jesus out of Hinduism.

Thread Information