Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal Vow

Personal Vow

Vannakkam: I've taken this vow before and broken it too many times, so maybe announcing it to the forum members will help.

I, known as Eastern Mind here, in recognition that this Forum is a Hindu Forum, and that Christianity is totally irrelevant to Hinduism, vow never to post in the 'Christianity' section of this Forum, from here to eternity.

So if anyone sees me posting in such a subsection, please remind me with a big cyberspace stick of this vow.

Aum Namasivaya

Re: Personal Vow

Good luck EM. I will try and remind you.

I hope Xians can also take the following vow:

"I am a Christian. I will NOT say that non-Christians are hell-bound. Even though my holy book says so, sending non-Christians to hell for being non-Christians is an act highly unbecoming of a creator God. I refuse to worship such a God.

Thus, I take this vow that I will not wear my religion on my sleeve and will accept that proselytization/preaching is an act of crime against humanity."

7.6 percent of all posts on this forum are made in the abrahamic subsection, not to mention how often the prophetic monotheistic religions are mentioned in discussions outside this subforum. As long as this section remains open, people will take the liberty to talk about Jesus and Mohammed on a forum that is supposed to be about Hinduism. If you are in an environment like this, it is only natural that you'll end up in such discussions, this cannot be considered satsanga. The responsibility should lie with the moderators to prevent such topics in the first place. Satay recently said that he sees this forum as a temple, but it seems like Jesus has been offered his own shrine in this temple and his priests are inviting us Hindus to read the sermon of the mount.

namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    but it seems like Jesus has been offered his own shrine in this temple and his priests are inviting us Hindus to read the sermon of the mount.
    Read the description of those subforms. I would encourage you to take similar vow as EM if you don't want to post in those forums. You are not obligated to respond to every tom dick and harry.
    satay

Namaste satayji.

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaste,

Read the description of those subforms. I would encourage you to take similar vow as EM if you don't want to post in those forums. You are not obligated to respond to every tom dick and harry.
    Thank you! If the contents of a jar are rancid, one does not keep opening it just to complain about the smell.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: I've taken this vow before and broken it too many times, so maybe announcing it to the forum members will help.

I, known as Eastern Mind here, in recognition that this Forum is a Hindu Forum, and that Christianity is totally irrelevant to Hinduism, vow never to post in the 'Christianity' section of this Forum, from here to eternity.

So if anyone sees me posting in such a subsection, please remind me with a big cyberspace stick of this vow.

Aum Namasivaya
    Nice vow. But christianity isn't totally irrelevant to Hinduism - it is antagonistic to hinduism and any Hindu who ignores christianity is actually encouraging the rampant run of christianity.
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

Vannakkam: Long time no hear. Good to see a post from an old timer. Yes I agree. Avoidance of the direct negative on SD was never my intent. In fact just yesterday I complained to Google maps how on their 'Search Nearby" function, when you search for Hindu temples, up pop a bunch of Christian churches. It's irritating, and google should be more accurate than that.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    You are not obligated to respond to every tom dick and harry.
    That is a sexist expression.
    Why not change it to, ......tom, dick and sally, and give the females some representation?
    We are living in an era when everything has to be politically correct.

Pranam.

Namast,

Why not change it to, ......tom, dick and sally, and give the females some representation?
    Goodness yes! I do not know how I will be able to hold my head up in this forum, if Satay doesn't start putting girl names in his posts. Thank goodness someone is speaking up for my mute oppressed female-ness. Why, we could all make a difference in this miserable world, just by using different words on the Internet!!

Oh, wait. That's not true, and political correctness is dumb. My bad.

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Vannakkam: More appropriately yet, Satay should be using 3 Hindu names. This is a Hindu forum after all. How about Thamby and Hari. Not sure what he should use for Dick though. I don't know any Hindu ones that sound close.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information