Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pastor arrested for conversion bid in Bangalore

Pastor arrested for conversion bid in Bangalore

Story here.

BANGALORE: Mahadevapura police on Thursday arrested a 31-year-old trainee pastor for allegedly trying to convert 23 children, including 14 girls, during a summer camp here.

[Yes pastor. Catch them young.]

Victor Babu alias Victor, a native of Dharmavaram in Andhra Pradesh, was held following a complaint filed by a few parents. Police recovered prayer books, pamphlets and other material from him and registered a case under Section 295A of the Indian Penal Code.

[How dare the parents complain? Hinduism says "Ekam sad vipra bahuda vadanti...Vasudaiva Kutumbakam" That means Hinduism should be open to all other religions including those that say Hinduism is wrong and Hindus are hell-bound.]

Police said Victor was imparting religious lessons to the 23 children in the Hebron prayer hall in Kundalahalli near Whitefield. According to complainants, Victor told them he would run a month-long free summer camp for their children. The camp opened three days ago. A mini-bus (KA 03 D 8949) would pick up children from Mahadevapura, Kundalahalli and surrounding areas every day.

Victor said: "I taught them prayers and songs but that doesn't mean I was converting them." Parents claimed Victor offered education and other basic facilities to children if they (parents) accepted his conditions. But Victor didn't elaborate what his conditions were, they added.

[Yes pastor. Teach them prayers that teach that Jesus was nailed to a cross and allowed to bleed to death. That will definitely make a great impression on young children. This is exactly what needs to be taught to these children.]

Section 295A

Pertains to deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings or any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs and suggests imprisonment for three years, or fine, or both.

Re: Pastor arrested for conversion bid in Bangalore

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

of what value is this information ? It only inflames one's emotions and brings out the negitivity in others to pursue thoughts of ' I told you so', of ill feelings.

We are here to uplift , to inspire - this is the value of HDF.

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 20 April 2012 at 11:36 AM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste yajvan.

You are correct. Moreover, this is misinformation in the extreme; not to mention showing irreverence for scriptures by misusing them, for personal reasons.

Says the o.p.:
    Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    Hinduism says "Ekam sad vipra bahuda vadanti...Vasudaiva Kutumbakam" That means Hinduism should be open to all other religions including those that say Hinduism is wrong and Hindus are hell-bound.]
    The full verse is:

Indraṃ mitraṃ varuṇamaghnimāhuratho divyaḥ sa suparṇo gharutmān
    ekaṃ sad viprā bahudhā vadantyaghniṃ yamaṃ mātariśvānamāhuḥ

"They call him Indra, Mitra, Varuṇa, Agni, and he is heavenly nobly-winged Garutmān.
    To what is One, sages give many a title they call it Agni, Yama, Mātariśvan."

It means there is only one God and one Truth. It speaks nothing of one path or the correctness of one religion over another. In fact the phrase Vasudaiva Kutumbakam 'meaning one family of Earth' is not in that verse.

The deliberate dissemination of misinformation is a disservice to the site's reputation.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

wundermonk,
    Next to my place in blore..there is a summer bible school for kids.. I hope this don't happen here
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Quote Originally Posted by realdemigod View Post
    wundermonk,
    Next to my place in blore..there is a summer bible school for kids.. I hope this don't happen here
    the moral and material support come from their western masters, what else would you expect.. If you have time and are serious about protect hinduism better go check it out along with your friends yourself, im positive nothing short of predatory tactics are applied every place associated with those 2 abrahamic faiths. youtube search the following-Jesus Camp divides America. The situation in USA is much worse.

@TbtL:

My bad...I included both the sayings that are repeated by "sab kuch chaltha hai" folks [Hindi for "everything under the sun goes" folks] within the same set of quotations.

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    of what value is this information ?
    Please see post by realdemigod who stays in Bangalore. Incidents like these are not something that happens in some place in Africa or Antartica. They are close to the home, heart and hearth of posters here on HDF itself.

It only inflames one's emotions and brings out the negitivity in others to pursue thoughts of ' I told you so', of ill feelings.
    Not at all. Not all religions are benign. Some ARE more virulent than others. How does one deal with a virulent religion?

We are here to uplift , to inspire - this is the value of HDF.
    Sure...and there are many such posts on HDF, no doubt. At the same time, whether Hindus accept it or not, the Abrahamics are on a war footing against us - as this story illustrates.

Quote Originally Posted by charitra View Post
    the moral and material support come from their western masters, what else would you expect.. If you have time and are serious about protect hinduism better go check it out along with your friends yourself, im positive nothing short of predatory tactics are applied every place associated with those 2 abrahamic faiths. youtube search the following-Jesus Camp divides America. The situation in USA is much worse.
    The situation in the US is indeed pretty bad, as I've been trying to point out for the longest time. While the US is not a Christian nation, it is a nation of Christians. The roots for this sort of nonsense are already planted.

Here are typical "Christian" worship services, aka "worshiptainment":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70d3bU6vn5o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db-D1G1EGKA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m512HSACxc

Unquestionably these people are bonafide kooks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Camp
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Becky_Fischer
    http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...ponse/8539.htm

There is one camp that one teenager "escaped" from, and was dragged back kicking and screaming. I'm trying to find the real story. It was one of the camps in North Carolina.

No honor among thieves:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUeoq...eature=related

charitra and wundermonk,
    I despise christianity and hate even entering churches for the damage it has done to the world for eons. But I'll see what I can do...besides just pouring water on head and saying you are christian doesn't make one christian right...or is it.. I don't know their rituals.

Also ISKCON is doing her job of fighting against christianity for decades that's the only resort.

Regarding USA, the country gives freedom more than that it should give to its citizens and people are exploiting. And people who hold power and greedy capitalists every one of them is christian (some jew) so there people are doomed.
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by realdemigod View Post
    charitra and wundermonk,
    I despise christianity and hate even entering churches for the damage it has done to the world for eons.

Unfortunately when you are the "odd man out" in a family of Roman Catholics (in-laws too), there is always the obligatory funeral or wedding. I had to attend my mother-in-law's Spanish-flavored RC funeral last October. I just withdrew into myself, recited the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra (after all, she is a jiva also ) and was there for the support. But I felt nothing otherwise.

besides just pouring water on head and saying you are christian doesn't make one christian right...or is it.. I don't know their rituals.

Yes, to some that's all it is. My family is Roman Catholic-As-Convenient. That is, weddings are held in a RC church, babies are baptized in a RC church, dead persons are buried from a RC church. But they may as well be atheists for the rest of the time; yet they live their own lives: live and let live.

Regarding USA, the country gives freedom more than that it should give to its citizens and people are exploiting.

That pesky First Amendment. I love the US Constitution, but its vagueries (perhaps deliberately done by the founders) necessitate the US Supreme Court stepping in.

Thread Information