Thread: My story

My story

Hello everyone,

(I'm not sure if this is the right place to write this thread. If it isn't, I apologize.)

I don't mean to shift the topic to me, but I would like to share something that's been on my mind with the community.

As many of you may know, I joined Hindu Dharma Forums several months ago under the username "ILoveGod", and I identified myself as a Christian.
    I felt that this may have frightened or even enraged some users, because I understand Hindus have wrongfully been persecuted. After reading some threads on here, I also understood that there was a fear or anger (I don't know what word to use) for Christians being on HDF because they would possibly try to convert other users or discriminate Sanatana Dharma. And I felt this was an image that may have pertained to me.

But the truth is that I joined HDF neither for evangelism nor to discriminate Sanatana Dharma in any way. I am simply a seeker who loves and is trying to understand the Divine. At the time I joined HDF, I felt very confused about my religion. This prompted me to search other religions, including Sanatana Dharma. A cherished memory I have, which involves my first true exposure to Sanatana Dharma, is when I went on a field trip to a local Hindu shrine. Althought I didn't really know a lot about the religion, I felt a sense of peace in the shrine. I saw beautiful images of deities, and I met the guru, who was so kind and peaceful. From then on, I thought about Sanatana Dharma, and that has brought me here to learn about it and "be immersed" in it.

Sanatana Dharma (as it is) is a very beautiful religion and my heart is attracted to it.

I also wanted to mention that many of you may have seen me on the Abrahamic Religions subforum. By trying to promote respect, I was not trying to defend the persecution against Hindus at all. It's just that I have family members and friends who are Christians, and I care about them a lot; I also want there to be peace, but I know that is difficult.
    I understand that Hindus have wrongfully been persecuted. I don't know how you feel or what you may have been through, but all I feel I can really say is that I am wholeheartedly sorry. It is so upseting not only for people to persecute others (innocent lives), but also for people to dishonor such a beautiful religion. And I wish you nothing but peace and comfort, and I support your right to practice Sanatana Dharma (as it is) or any religion you choose freely.

The last thing I wish to say is that, if there are any users on HDF with whom, perhaps, I haven't been on best terms, or if there are any users who may have a fear about me because I was born in a Christian household, I hope we can be friends and get to know each other.

Please know that I am not a threat to anybody; I am simply a seeker who loves the Divine.

Thank you for reading this.
    That is all I wanted to say.

Re: My story

Admin Note

Namaste,
    Since HDF is not about one specific person and their problems. I will close this thread as I don't think any further discussion is needing on this topic or the member.
    satay

Thread Information