Thread: A little something I wrote

A little something I wrote

She is Time,
    She is that terror which grips me,
    None will escape her,
    Save the Lord of Time,
    The orpse on whome she dances.

Re: A little something I wrote

Very good! You know, I have been to Bengal several times where Kali Devi is much venerated. I know many of the streets of Calctta now called Kolkatta like the back of my hand. I believe Cal-Cutta is a corruption of the word Kal(i) Ghat(a) which is KALI GHAT temple. Ofcourse I have been to Kali Ghat Temple where I was welcome and Devi was felt -I you know this tirtha is known as "where the finger fell" meaning where Kali's finger fell...
    Yes, Kali danced on the corpse of my Lord Shiva, there is no doubt. But also Shiva never "dies" and is also Time. Perhaps this would be a good thread to discuss this mystery of Her dance. You are no doubt a devotee, you may have somy understanding to share?
    Jai Kali Mr!

Sorry for some of the typos, I was typing to my Android phone browser while driving... Not good!

Looking forward to a discussion on the mystery of Kali's dance on the corpse of Lord Shiva!

"where the little finger fell, She will return on a morning sun rising"

Greetings Brian,

Looking over my initial post, its really myself who should be apologizing for typos. Although I'm sure they won't prevent anyone from knowing what the words are so I won't bother to correct myself. I am indeed a devotee of Kali but I am only a fairly recent one and I have not visited India yet, I reside in Wellington, New Zealand.

Yes indeed, Shiva never dies, I think he's generally only described as a 'corpse' in this context symbolically to show the fact that Shakti is his energy and without her he would be corpse. Another, although by no means lesser, meaning, is that he is depicted in this inertia to symbolize the unchanging bliss that he is ('Shiva' of course meaning 'infinite consciousness.'

I'm afraid I'm not expert but from what I understand, Kali's dance symbolizes the activity of Maya and also the fact that she is Shakti, i.e energy. I'm sorry I can't give you much past that, perhaps consulting David Frawley's Tantric Yoga and the Wisdom Goddesses would help shed some light on this, these verses were somewhat inspired by the section of that book devoted to Kali.

As a side note, upon reading the relevant section of the book in question, I came to the realization that in the last four years or so I had been developing a growing fear of time and anxiety over not doing enough of it while it was there (I'm 21 now and I could swear that the time between me being 15 to where I am now simply flew out the window like nothing.

Blessings of the Divine Mother,
    William.

Well I think this is a very wonderful explanation and it is revealing of your insight and knowledge of religion. This sounds like a good book to source and I will check to see what is available online.

Thinking of Annapurna on a 108 hour adventure into calm mind and soul, a friend of all devotees and Om Namah Sivaya.

Thread Information