Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stephen Hawking's Idea on Creation, God etc.

Re: Stephen Hawking's Idea on Creation, God etc.

wundermonk,
    Good arguments.

I think you are right in saying that Hawkins may mean 'black hole' as 'nothing'. It cannot be vacuum as vacuum is a space empty of matter. I think it's fairly logical as one doesn't have to be a genius like Hawkins to deduce that black holes rip the entire cosmos taking their own share and finally getting closer to one another and ripping each other apart with finally one ultimate black hole merging to a speck of dust with infinite energy and energy is matter. Hence cannot be vacuum that's why I believe he said 'nothing' instead of 'vaccum'.

Also, time cannot start. For time to start, there should have been a point in time when time did not exist. That is a contradiction
    In black hole time stops. When you don't have time flowing you cannot measure time right? As time measured is sum of time intervals (however you define). So when you are in a black hole you don't know how much time has passed.

There is no contradiction in your statement if you accept time cannot flow in black hole. When time isn't recorded in black hole there is no time and you can take any point in time (figuratively) as reference and when the big bang happens again.. time flows in reference to the earlier point in time.
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Namaste,

I think it might be of interest to add that: within black wholes, time is considered to stop, the physical Law E=mc² can only be stated as true if time is directly related to velocity; the faster we travel the slower time flows, why you might ask?
    If you are a set distance from a lamp, the light from that lamp arrives a certain time after leaving so you can calculate its velocity, the speed of light, c in the above equation.
    This becomes tricky when travelling towards the light, let us suppose at half the speed of light, when you calculate the relative speed of the light reaching you with your speed added as being the relative frame of your perspective; the value calculated remains the same, space is said to have warped, to allow for this your mass also increases. The frame of perspective is critical to everything.

Gravity is a Force against which we must exert force to move, for example: we can calculate the force required to jump one meter off of the ground, we will however need to pass a certain velocity at take off, if we want to reach one meters height. The same is true for a black whole.
    The force of the Gravity within the event horizon is such that one must travel faster than the speed of light in order to pass just 1 millionth of a millimetre over this limit. Time plays a trick when we get close to the speed of light, space starts to warp and bend, mass thus gravity increases, the distance becomes infinite, and so does our mass.

We might travel for a 1000 years at half the speed of light and we would still not make it past the limit, however we might see light arriving from outside, although time would appear to have speed up to an incredible rate.

It is interesting to note that atomic clocks are now precise enough to denote a difference in the rate of vibration of an atom between the top and bottom of a ladder, thus the flow of time if you believe it relates to the vibration of atoms.

It is also of interest to note that Gravity has been shown recently, not to be constant.

I love Astrophysics, but I will add that I am a passionate novice.

praNAma

mana
    Last edited by Mana; 01 May 2012 at 01:10 AM.

Namaste,

Carl Sagan at least tried to give some credit where due:

Cosmos in India

JAI MATA DI
    || जय माता की ||

4. Re: Stephen Hawking's Idea on Creation, God etc.

Namaste JAI MATA DI

Thank you for posting this clip, very interesting.

What a fantastic closing statement!

praNAma

I admire an honest scientist when I see one. He was a wonderful American.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaiMaaDurga View Post
    Namaste,

Carl Sagan at least tried to give some credit where due:

Cosmos in India

JAI MATA DI

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namaste,

I think it might be of interest to add that: within black wholes, time is considered to stop, the physical Law E=mc can only be stated as true if time is directly related to velocity; the faster we travel the slower time flows, why you might ask?
    If you are a set distance from a lamp, the light from that lamp arrives a certain time after leaving so you can calculate its velocity, the speed of light, c in the above equation.
    This becomes tricky when travelling towards the light, let us suppose at half the speed of light, when you calculate the relative speed of the light reaching you with your speed added as being the relative frame of your perspective; the value calculated remains the same, space is said to have warped, to allow for this your mass also increases. The frame of perspective is critical to everything.

Gravity is a Force against which we must exert force to move, for example: we can calculate the force required to jump one meter off of the ground, we will however need to pass a certain velocity at take off, if we want to reach one meters height. The same is true for a black whole.
    The force of the Gravity within the event horizon is such that one must travel faster than the speed of light in order to pass just 1 millionth of a millimetre over this limit. Time plays a trick when we get close to the speed of light, space starts to warp and bend, mass thus gravity increases, the distance becomes infinite, and so does our mass.

We might travel for a 1000 years at half the speed of light and we would still not make it past the limit, however we might see light arriving from outside, although time would appear to have speed up to an incredible rate.

It is interesting to note that atomic clocks are now precise enough to denote a difference in the rate of vibration of an atom between the top and bottom of a ladder, thus the flow of time if you believe it relates to the vibration of atoms.

It is also of interest to note that Gravity has been shown recently, not to be constant.

I love Astrophysics, but I will add that I am a passionate novice.

praNAma

mana
    As Mana rightly pointed out, time is a factor decided by our ability to perceive change against certain baseline.

As the velocity of a particle approaches the blachole, there is a point where the gravity is such that the return path of the light or electromagnetic ray is not possible. That point is known as event horizon. The time gets permanently fixed there. Though the particle has actually moved in long back, the observer never sees the particle moving beyond that even horizon and the particle seems tardily moving towards the event horizon and seems to get stuck at that point.

Black holes are the scavengers of the universe, the mass to energy converting systems.

However beyond a certain threshold they cannot hold and then we have the big bang or white hole. This creates universe.

There are many blackholes in this universe. Blackholes eat masses, other blackholes, and any heavenly bodies. They are indentified only indirectly. Like light bending, stars and gallaxies moving around unknow body, etc. generally at the core of any galaxy is a blackhole.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

Thread Information