Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Re: What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by maraji View Post
    Pranam
    In other words you have no idea what you are talking about.
    No there is no need for it since it is well known that in puranic cosmology the sun is the first planet circling the bhu mandala followed by the moon. It is basic knowledge. I won´t bother to look it up.
    As long as we have to rely on dead all thing material this soul would never be satisfied. You are welcome to believe in many theories which includes, evolution which has long been disproved
    Ohh, thats great news, Evolution has been long disproved may i ask by whom? by the Pope, or by that crazy american evangelist who also proved that the world was created in six days and god exists because the Banana has a zipper?
    http://www.myspace.com/video/gary/ki...nanas/26794725

Creationists and Hindus united against Darwin. I would call this a new dimension of creative interfaith communion.
    And now some of the latest ....
    Yes if BBC reported it then it must be the truth bbc and the puranas as a pramana then what can go wrong? What about adding some articles of "the sun" . Graham Hancock, who inspired this article, is a well known Pseudoarcheologist, there are lots of others, new agers, bible archeologists, aryan supremacists and other sectarian religious fundamentalists who produce large amounts of reports, movies, books and talks on Atlantis, Lemuria, alien archeology, alternative archeology, Illuminati conspiracy and lizard men, UFOS, Area 51, flat earth , hollow earth, the new world order, the abominable snowmen, the horror of the black lagoon, godzilla, dracula and other interesting topics, deny darwinism, have found the location of the garden eden and the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and proclaim that the planet is not older than 5000 years, humans are created in test tubes by Aliens and produce masses of other fairy tales and conspiracy theories. The so called gulf of cambay "excavations" are part of this fundamentalist religiously and monetary motivated pseudo archeology.

http://www.hallofmaat.com/modules.ph...rticle&sid=148
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 03 May 2012 at 12:21 PM.

Pranam

No there is no need for it since it is well known that in puranic cosmology the sun is the first planet circling the bhu mandala followed by the moon. It is basic knowledge. I won´t bother to look it up.

So why quote if you are not going to back it up.

Ohh, thats great news, Evolution has been long disproved may i ask by whom?

By mere fact it remains a theory, no one can prove it, the missing link remains a missing link. No one has seen a species mutating to another

Yes if BBC reported it then it must be the truth bbc and the puranas as a pramana then what can go wrong? ----

You are amazing to say the least, you change my context, I never said BBC is the authority, I only presented that to prove your lunatic pramanas that the whole academia present to us, one half will agree, along will come someone else just to disprove what was agreed earlier, very scientific.

What was what you said, ah, only natural shapes they were, was that it? for that you call them lunatics, well they have found many artifacts, but I repeat I do not care either way.

As for ridiculing Puranas, I think you should desist from it immediately, you are the one quoting it, that which you cant even back it up. I had already stated my position on it and I repeat you can’t present it as pramanas if you can not back it up with srutis (although dharma guru can explain it in the absence of srutis).

Hindus have know the science of eclipse long before the academia knew how to change nappies, this knowledge does not come blindly following anything, whatever puranas speak on bhu mandla is a mystery, no one of us have any knowledge what they mean. who is Surya who is Chandra, what is their relation, weather the purans are talking of the same moon that orbit’s the earth or Chandra that is some place else. That is all beyond me and I dare say far beyond some, who thinks we might come from apes.

Pranam
    So why quote if you are not going to back it up. 
    No need to backup when all Puranas agree on this, and it is only one minor example there are so many other subjects where our knowledge has improved and the content of puranas or ancient texts on Ayurveda, Astronomy, Yoga, Tantra contain errors that have to be corrected, human knowledge continually improves, we can see that everyday, so why stick to obvious errors and shortcomings?

You are amazing to say the least, you change my context, I never said BBC is the authority, I only presented that to prove your lunatic pramanas that the whole academia present to us, one half will agree, along will come someone else just to disprove what was agreed earlier, very scientific.
    If we want to improve our knowledge certainly that will never have an end, knowledge will continually improve, unless the dark ages return and fundamentalist theists who oppose the quest for knowledge will force blind beliefs down our throat and again violently oppose inquiry and exploration.

What was what you said, ah, only natural shapes they were, was that it? for that you call them lunatics, well they have found many artifacts, but I repeat I do not care either way.

There are only a few articles and web pages on this subject, no archeologists ever took any of these so called artifacts serious, except people on the lunatic fringe like Graham Hancock who was the one who inspired the few articles that exist.

As for ridiculing Puranas, I think you should desist from it immediately, you are the one quoting it, that which you cant even back it up. I had already stated my position on it and I repeat you can’t present it as pramanas if you can not back it up with srutis (although dharma guru can explain it in the absence of srutis).

I am not ridiculing the Puranas, i have a large collection of Puranas and i have spent quite a long time comparing the content and researching their relationship with other shastras such as upanishads, agamas and tantras. But Hinduism is not a dead religion, it has been adapting to changes for several thousand of years, and in this process of adapting and improving it has of course also discarded errors and elements that have proven to be not as useful in a changed environment. Hindus will continue to engage in this process of change, improvement and adaption, inspite of your desire to hold on to obvious errors and shortcomings.

Hindus have know the science of eclipse long before the academia knew how to change nappies, this knowledge does not come blindly following anything, whatever puranas speak on bhu mandla is a mystery, no one of us have any knowledge what they mean. who is Surya who is Chandra, what is their relation, weather the purans are talking of the same moon that orbit’s the earth or Chandra that is some place else. That is all beyond me and I dare say far beyond some, who thinks we might come from apes.
    First the Sun was closer to the earth in another Yuga, now Chandra is not the Moon and Surya not the Sun, and thats why they can change their position as regards to the bhu mandala as they wish, which bhu mandala of course is not the earth but something else also quite mysterious.

Now thats sounds like a good idea, now i am convinced, of course it would be ridiculous and anti hindu to assume that at the times the Puranas were written the knowledge of astronomy could have been slightly inferior than today with the hubble space telescope, manned spacecrafts and the international space station and huge arrays of radio telescopes. Of course none of this can match the knowledge of Astronomy contained in the Puranas. Thanks for taking the time explaining this to me in such a rational manner. Can you forgive me my blasphemous "shirk"?

Namaste Satay,

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    All Hindu sastra are destroyed.
    All memories of sastra are wiped from human memory
    All things related to Hindus and Hinduism are wiped out ie no knowledge of it remains in this world.
    All gurus fake or otherwise have no more knowledge of Hinduism
    God is supposed to do something, right ? I think it is his job to take care of these things. I am of firm opinion that if it ever happens, He would make sure that this knowledge is revealed again by whatever means.

OM
    Last edited by devotee; 04 May 2012 at 06:40 AM.
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Pranam
    Let me highlight your statements
    Quote Originally Posted by MahaHarda post no 15
    Puranas say the Sun is closer to the earth than the Moon, can that be held as a truth even today?
    I am not ridiculing the Puranas, i have a large collection of Puranas and i have spent quite a long time comparing the content and researching their relationship with other shastras such as upanishads, agamas and tantras. But Hinduism is not a dead religion, it has been adapting to changes for several thousand of years, and in this process of adapting and improving it has of course also discarded errors and elements that have proven to be not as useful in a changed environment. Hindus will continue to engage in this process of change, improvement and adaption, inspite of your desire to hold on to obvious errors and shortcomings.

You build your own straw man and shoot it down, you can not have it both ways, I had not quoted the puranas, have a look at what I said about it below, how can you accuse me off holding on to obvious error.

Quote Originally Posted by maraji
    Coming back to Puran, you are aware that is smriti, -----------
    I had mentioned is that Puranas are smriti text as such not regarded as Pramanas. -------also having been tampered with by various enemies of the faith, it can not be fully relied upon

If we want to improve our knowledge certainly that will never have an end, knowledge will continually improve, unless the dark ages return and fundamentalist theists who oppose the quest for knowledge will force blind beliefs down our throat and again violently oppose inquiry and exploration.

You are one very confused person, you lump other religion and their dogma to tar the Hindus. SD had never been against inquiry or forcing, no one get their head chopped off or get sent to hell because you do not believe in it, only Karma determines that. Enquiry is a central part of dharma, athatho Brahm jigyasa.

First the Sun was closer to the earth in another Yuga, now Chandra is not the Moon and Surya not the Sun, and thats why they can change their position as regards to the bhu mandala as they wish, which bhu mandala of course is not the earth but something else also quite mysterious.
    Now thats sounds like a good idea, now i am convinced, of course it would be ridiculous and anti hindu to assume that at the times the Puranas were written the knowledge of astronomy could have been slightly inferior than today with the hubble space telescope, manned spacecrafts and the international space station and huge arrays of radio telescopes. Of course none of this can match the knowledge of Astronomy contained in the Puranas. Thanks for taking the time explaining this to me in such a rational manner. Can you forgive me my blasphemous "shirk"?

Here we go again, completely misrepresent me, I never said sun was closer to earth.
    As to the rest you are letting your imagination getting the better of you, good luck in your quest through hubble, havens forbid if I were to stop you, happy finding your self, athatho Brahm jigyasa.

You build your own straw man and shoot it down, you can not have it both ways, I had not quoted the puranas, have a look at what I said about it below, how can you accuse me off holding on to obvious error.
    When you agree with me then what is your problem?

You are one very confused person, you lump other religion and their dogma to tar the Hindus.
    I am not accusing the Hindus of anything, on the contrary, i trust in their ability to discard what is obviously wrong and outdated, besides that i just read that 85 % of Hindus belive there is enough evidence in support of Evolution and lots of spiritual teachers and Hindu academics cooperated already for a long time with western academics and scholars to enhance their knowledge for example of history, Yoga or Ayurveda etc. with methods of modern science.

Here we go again, completely misrepresent me, I never said sun was closer to earth.
    I already asked you, i will ask you again. If you agree in all points with me please, what is it exactly that you are objecting to?

Pranam
    Have a look at your post no 9 in answer to Sahasranama, and my post no 13, I could be wrong in my assessment but you seems to be batting for Egyptian myth but ready to ridicule puranas and then you keep saying how wonderful puranas are. What ever our differences are in our perception, I don’t need to go on, it is there if you care to see. As for figure 85% you quote really has no value, we can produce all this statistics would amount to nothing . How scientific is it, does the question reflect what are the implications in accepting such bogus claim, what pramans are presented if at all? As for academia agreeing with each other is a big joke, it is well known how everything west is beautiful and the sun shines from the neither region to a lot of them.
    I think I have said enough, no need to regurgitate what has already been said, with that I shell retire from this discussion.

Pranam
    Have a look at your post no 9 in answer to Sahasranama, and my post no 13, I could be wrong in my assessment but you seems to be batting for Egyptian myth but ready to ridicule puranas.
    What I say is that the ancient Egyptian religion is gone from this planet and and was not revealed again, babylonian religion is gone from this planet not to be revealed again, why should this be different for Hinduism? What is gone is gone, it will not come back by a miracle, you have to protect Hindu Dharma yourself, when you do not want that it perishes. You cannot sit back and hope some God will do that for you. No miraculous resurrection of other advanced cultures and religions has happened in the past, so why should that happen in the future? I have never ridiculed puranas only said that one must be able to improve ones knowldege and not stick to beliefs that are obviously proven wrong by valid pramana.
    ... it is well known how everything west is beautiful and the sun shines from the neither region to a lot of them.
    I have never mentioned the situation in the west with one word what are you talking about? Neither can I understand where you exactly disagree with me when you refuse to tell me.

Namaste,
    ......if it ever happens, He would make sure that this knowledge is revealed again by whatever means.
    We will all be reciting the Koran and that will become the de facto revealed knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by MahaHrada View Post
    What is gone is gone, it will not come back by a miracle, you have to protect Hindu Dharma yourself, when you do not want that it perishes.
    +1

Many of us don't believe in the maxim that God helps only those who help themselves. We want to bury our heads in the sand and put the burden of sustaining the dharma on Him alone. Guess what, He has the responsibility to protect other religions too.
    So, you have to rise and take the lead in protecting your own.
    That is, if you care about it at all.

Pranam.

PS,
    Bolo, Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad ki jai.
    This should get some people riled up.

Namaste,

There is no need to fear. As lon gas there is at least one master in the world, Go's Truth shall be known, as they see the Truth with perfect clarity, better than we could ever ourselves hope to until the vistas of Truth are opened to our eyes as well.

God is ever present. Why fear?

OM

Thread Information