Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Materialism and depression

Re: Materialism and depression

Matter and spirit are the same. There is no difference, ultimately speaking.
    How can I put this in a sentence? Try next time.

Re: Materialism and depression

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I was feeling down today and I kept thinking about Materialism (the Philosophy not shopping) and the horror of that world view.

1. No meaning of life
    2. The world is cold and heartless; no God exists
    3. Objective morals do not exist without God, you can play along with the sham if you want to but it's all a sham according to Materialism
    4. We are relatively evolved primates that are long past our shelf life, and are destroying the earth, we contribute nothing to the Earth.
    5. All our thoughts, emotions, and anything in the mind is just chemical/electric reactions in the brain. What is you can be changed with surgery in the future probably.
    When you give in to the apparent meaninglessness of life you find true meaning.

When you see that the world is cold and heartless, then you find the TRUE God who exists.

In so much as you play with the sham and do your part in the theatre production, you understand the do's and dont's.

When you realize you are a spiritual being having a physical experience of life you set evolutionary theory at small price.

And lastly, once you understand the body intimately you then really discover the soul....
    How can I put this in a sentence? Try next time.

Thread Information