Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eggs?

Eggs?

Quick question, do you guys consider eggs as meat? I've been vegeterian for a little over 17 years now- ever since I've started going to the gym again I've increased my egg intake (before i had it once every couple of months) - would just like to know what the scriptures or you have to say about eggs...if its considered meat I will drop it henceforth

Re: Eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by IcySFX View Post
    Quick question, do you guys consider eggs as meat? I've been vegeterian for a little over 17 years now- ever since I've started going to the gym again I've increased my egg intake (before i had it once every couple of months) - would just like to know what the scriptures or you have to say about eggs...if its considered meat I will drop it henceforth
    Chicken abortions If you're 18, do mean you had meat as a baby or toddler? Not being snarky, just curious.

Vannakkam icy: It depends on who you ask. Some people view unfertilized eggs, especially, just as a byproduct. Others (like me) view eggs as meat, so I never eat them.

Vegans include dairy in the same category. (I don't.)

So how does eating them make you feel? Most people get a sense when they eat something. Some don't.

Good luck with making an easy choice, either way.

Aum Namasivaya

Yes... According to me.

5. Re: Eggs?

Egg is made under the womb of non mammals from their blood and meat, it is pure liquid flesh, a foetus outside body that is covered with its nature safety for being hatched and that transform into real living being.

It is not easy to quit a habit of sense (इन्द्रिय सुख) that includes 'sense of taste'. I was a fond of eating egg and flesh, but I requested Maa Durga to save me from all wrong doings, and by her grace I started hating all tamsik food. You should pray your deity to save you and you will be shown true light, it is not in the hands of human.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Namaste Icy,

Quote Originally Posted by IcySFX View Post
    There are some esteemed members here who are so strong against being non-vegetarian. However, as I have already written on this forum a number of times, a majority of Hindus including so-called high-caste Hindus in India are non-vegetarians. So, you have to decide what works for you. Yes, beef-eating is something which no Hindu accepts. If you can avoid that, it is better.

Eggs which cannot bring babies are a waste if not eaten. So, you are not killing any life by eating it. However, if someone wants to see very strictly, it is a non-vegetarian food. So, again, it is you who should decide what suits you.

Eating meat or abstaining from meat doesn't make you a good Hindu or otherwise. It is your behaviour with your fellow human beings which is more important.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by Shanti29 View Post
    Chicken abortions If you're 18, do mean you had meat as a baby or toddler? Not being snarky, just curious.
    No, I was vegeterian, till I was 14. I told my dad I wanted meat at that point, after about just under a year I started to disagree with it, didn't feel right and I stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam icy: It depends on who you ask. Some people view unfertilized eggs, especially, just as a byproduct. Others (like me) view eggs as meat, so I never eat them.

Vegans include dairy in the same category. (I don't.)

So how does eating them make you feel? Most people get a sense when they eat something. Some don't.

Good luck with making an easy choice, either way.

Aum Namasivaya
    I'm not entirely sure...unfortunately. Finding it difficult to make a decision.

Vannakkam icy: Maybe you could do like what people do with suspected allergies. Go off the food for a month or so, then eat it, and see how you react. Of course with allergies (Celiac's, lactose intolerance) the reaction is physical. With something like this the reaction would be more emotional /spiritual.

Just a suggestion.

Aum Namasivaya

I only eat it about once a month anyway? sometimes even once every 2 or 3 months. I feel normal when I eat omelette or something, but with boiled egg I feel slightly weird like I'm eating something wrong

Thread Information