Thread: Anyone else a fan of sushi?

Anyone else a fan of sushi?

Namaste,

I am a big time sushi lover. I have been for years. Over the past several months, I've been trying to prepare different vegetarian rolls, and I've had Oshinko, Seaweed salad, plum/cucumber, avocado, and even mock spicy tuna rolls turn out fairly well. However, it's gotten a little repetitive. Has anyone else come up with anything different to put in a sushi roll?

This might be an odd place to look for vegetarian sushi ideas, but it's the only community that I'm a part of with a number of vegetarians.

Re: Anyone else a fan of sushi?

What a great idea!

I never make sushi myself, but like it when we go to a restaurant.

There is not too much to choose from there, but because of your post I´m suddenly inspired to make my own.

But the ones I get at the sushi restaurant is usually sweet potato roll. Or avocado roll with peanut. Some places have avocado with walnut.
    Inari is good, or Age Tofu.

But to make my own, maybe thinly sliced and sauteed Seitan in spicy oil?
    Spicy black beans? Lentils?

You could do lots. Let me know how it goes.

Maya

Re: Anyone else a fan of sushi?

Namasté,

My favourite Japanese restaurant locally makes a lot of creative vegetarian rolls. This page is not their full menu, unfortunately, but it describes some of their rolls and might be a good source of ideas. Goma-ae, miso-cooked eggplant, grilled tofu with chili or peanut sauce, or shredded carrot with a big lump of cream cheese, are also delicious off-menu fillings. Sauces and extras can help, too; curry or chipotle mayo, Sriracha sauce, even barbecue sauce, can change the texture and taste of a roll wonderfully.

Please feel free to return to this thread and post photos so that we can, erm, verify that you're doing it properly. Yeah. That's it.

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Thread Information