Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Namaste

Namaste

Namaste,
    I am new here although you could probably tell already. I am young, 14, a white westerner. And I would wish to learn and become more soul with the Hindu faith. I find myself in Shaktism. This is focused on the worship of the Divine Mother.

Thank You for letting me join your forum

Re: Namaste

Quote Originally Posted by 4Shakti View Post
    Namaste,
    I am new here although you could probably tell already. I am young, 14, a white westerner. And I would wish to learn and become more soul with the Hindu faith. I find myself in Shaktism. This is focused on the worship of the Divine Mother.

Thank You for letting me join your forum
    Welcome Shakti.

Wow! At 14 I was in the 9th grade worrying about my chemistry grades, getting the newest pop album, childhood crush, etc.

Welcome! Nice to have you here. It's great that someone your age cares so much to learn about God/Maa. I pray you learn and find all you seek.

Vannakkam: There are a lot of nice temples in Michigan, but your parents would probably have to take you.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    Welcome Shakti.

Wow! At 14 I was in the 9th grade worrying about my chemistry grades, getting the newest pop album, childhood crush, etc.
    Namaste,
    I am still worried about those things. Just really love Hinduism.

Thank you for the welcome

Namaste, Shakti,

Welcome to HDF! I'm new here, too, but I've found it to be very informative. I hope you do, too. If you don't mind, I'd be interested in knowing more about your background. Were you raised with a religion? Does your family go to church/temple/mosque? How did you first get interested in Sanatana Dharma and what about shaktism really draws you in?

Take care,

VB

हरिः ओम्

Namaste 4Shakti,

Welcome to the forum, it is a pleasure to meet an enquiring mind, such as yours.
    Pleased to meet you.

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    8i8

Quote Originally Posted by Vaikuntha Bound. View Post
    Namaste, Shakti,

Welcome to HDF! I'm new here, too, but I've found it to be very informative. I hope you do, too. If you don't mind, I'd be interested in knowing more about your background. Were you raised with a religion? Does your family go to church/temple/mosque? How did you first get interested in Sanatana Dharma and what about shaktism really draws you in?

Take care,

VB
    Fair Enough,
    I was raised a lapsed Catholic. My family does go to church on occasions sometimes. And drawed me to Sanatana Dharma was the peace. The coexistence. Today you hear about the vatican fighting with the baptists or the Muslims arguing with the Jews. You hear none of this about Sanatana Dharma. Because they follow what the Brahman told them to do. And to Shaktism. I suppose it is just that symbol of an all loving mother who will always be there for you is what draws me in.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Shakti View Post
    And drawed me to Sanatana Dharma was the peace. The coexistence. Today you hear about the vatican fighting with the baptists or the Muslims arguing with the Jews. You hear none of this about Sanatana Dharma. Because they follow what the Brahman told them to do.
    To be fair, there IS quite a bit [in fact many centuries worth] of disputations between different schools of Hinduism - ranging from ontology, to Sadhana [spiritual practice] and soteriology.

But yes, what is true is that Hinduism never went out in the name of religion to conquer other lands and impose its cultural norms on others. It is more a personalized type of religion.

Namaste 4Shakti,

Welcome to HDF. Hopefully you will learn a lot here and delve deeper into Sanatana Dharma.

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Thread Information