Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

Hello members

There is an ongoing serial on Lord Shiv for quite some time on Hindi channel Life OK. I am posting link to the first episode of the program for members who are interested in knowing about Mahadev and Sati, only hitch being that the program is in Hindi. The program comes Monday - Friday, at 8 pm India Time on Life Ok. The characters, scripting, graphics, music is high quality and definitely a must watch. People interested can find more links to other episodes on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WAe6vMXo1s

Photos of the actor, model Mohit Raina who plays Mahadev. He is quite convincing in the role.

goodlife

Re: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

Hello,

I have seen this before on Youtube, but only in Hindi =< And I don't fully understand Hindi. Do you know if there's any chance to find any english subtitles somewhere ? I think it's possible to understand the story but it's always better when we understand everything fully...

Anyway, I really like this actor as Shiva ! Everytime he comes on the screen, it's like Mahadev himself come !

Aum
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

I don't know why American tv can't air shows like this and the Mahabharat. We have Spartacus, Blood and Sand; Spartacus, Gods of the Arena; Game of Thrones; Rome; the Hercules and other sword and sandals movies and shows. Everyone knows about the Greeks and Romans, but little to nothing is known of Hindu epics and stories. OK, few Americans understand Hindi, but many foreign films and series are overdubbed in English. Why not these? Do Indian producers not spend enough time and money promoting these shows overseas? Or what about dvd releases?
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Vannakkam: This is just my personal take, but I will take the Siva Lingam, or Nataraja any day. Siva permeates the ether of the universe. This particular form is just another remnant or 'addition' for some of the 'God sits on a throne' world view prevalent on the western half of the planet.

It negates the 'is formless' bit of 'Siva has form and is formless.'

Aum Namasivaya

It's nicely done with increasing technology and more budget TV channels are making better serials. I watch the serial online if anybody wants the links let me know
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Quote Originally Posted by TouchedbytheLord View Post
    I don't know why American tv can't air shows like this and the Mahabharat. We have Spartacus, Blood and Sand; Spartacus, Gods of the Arena; Game of Thrones; Rome; the Hercules and other sword and sandals movies and shows. Everyone knows about the Greeks and Romans, but little to nothing is known of Hindu epics and stories. OK, few Americans understand Hindi, but many foreign films and series are overdubbed in English. Why not these? Do Indian producers not spend enough time and money promoting these shows overseas? Or what about dvd releases?

Hello,

It's the difference of population. All the series you have named have stories based on violence, sex and power. They make it because it is what the american public want to see.
    In India those kind of series will never air, because of cultural differences. It is normal in India to see films and series about the life of a god, with a strong imagery that is common to every Hindu. Religious series or film have very little interest in western countries, I mean, between a Skyrim-like story and the life of Jesus, what would you choose on tv ? x3

It's mainly the cultural differences. But also it cost money to buy the rights, to dub and to air a serie in another country. For the very little public interested in, there is no chance to have any profits airing series like Devon Ke Dev Mahadev in a western country.

Well, I agree it's a loss. But what can we do ? =/ All we can do is to rely to the people who sub those series in english and put them on Youtube.

Aum~
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Hmm... I guess you are right. American tv-watchers are fixated on gore, sex and violence. ick!
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: This is just my personal take, but I will take the Siva Lingam, or Nataraja any day. Siva permeates the ether of the universe. This particular form is just another remnant or 'addition' for some of the 'God sits on a throne' world view prevalent on the western half of the planet.

It negates the 'is formless' bit of 'Siva has form and is formless.'

Aum Namasivaya
    There are and have been a lot of programs on Vishnu and his avatars but people are keen to know more about Mahadev too. This serial does provide insights into his life and leela. you must watch a few episodes, you will like it too

Quote Originally Posted by goodlife View Post
    There are and have been a lot of programs on Vishnu and his avatars but people are keen to know more about Mahadev too. This serial does provide insights into his life and leela. you must watch a few episodes, you will like it too
    Vannakkam Goodlife: I appreciate the thought but no thanks. As I said before, this particular version of Siva just doesn't appeal to me, no matter how you cut it. Any God portrayed with human qualities, for me, is a distortion of how I perceive Siva. (Siva is God for me... I'm a Saivite.)

My version of perception is far better represented in South Indian Saivism in the great temples of Tamil Nadu. But it is to each his own. Did you watch the Chidambaram video?

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam Goodlife: I appreciate the thought but no thanks. As I said before, this particular version of Siva just doesn't appeal to me, no matter how you cut it. Any God portrayed with human qualities, for me, is a distortion of how I perceive Siva. (Siva is God for me... I'm a Saivite.)

My version of perception is far better represented in South Indian Saivism in the great temples of Tamil Nadu. But it is to each his own. Did you watch the Chidambaram video?

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste

My Lord is Mahadev too but i dont classify myself as Shaivite or Vaishnav cause both Shiv and Vishnu are representation of the same energy that flows through every one of us.

This serial is good cause it shows how Lord Shiv is originator of many sciences, the beautiful relationship between a husband and a wife, their duties, obligations towards each other, their behaviour, their conduct, which i believe is a must when values are degrading so fast these days where a smallest reason is enough for people to disengage, Lord Shiv through his leela shows meaning of true love.

Like i said, watch with your wife and you will know what i mean . You will like it better when He Himself speaks to you.

Kindly provide link to the video you are talking about

Thread Information