Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

Re: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

All right link from the channel. people can watch all episodes here at one place.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...A&feature=plcp

Also posting facebook page of the program.people can post their requests their. who knows channel people might listen and put in english subtitles too.

https://www.facebook.com/lifeok

some more photos

Vishnu

Brahma

Tandav

2. Re: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

Quote Originally Posted by McKitty View Post
    Hello,

I have seen this before on Youtube, but only in Hindi =< And I don't fully understand Hindi. Do you know if there's any chance to find any english subtitles somewhere ? I think it's possible to understand the story but it's always better when we understand everything fully...

Anyway, I really like this actor as Shiva ! Everytime he comes on the screen, it's like Mahadev himself come !

Aum
    Hi,

On youtube, they have a channel called Devon ke Dev Mahadev. When you browse through the videos, in description the whole story is written in English. maybe that might help a bit.

Well, I started watching this serial with my family - and I must say, I love it. I didn't like at one point and I stick by my point that no actor can obviously embody Shiva, but he does a damn good job! The second actor of parvati in her next life when she marries Shiva is absolutely gorgeous! The special effects arent spectacular but they are good and not 'over-used' per say, so I'm glad its not a hit and run sort of deal.

P.S. : If anyone has a site that has links from episode 1 - current, online, of the serial it would be appreciated (english subs would be even better if possible). I'd like to show some friends the serial too :3
    Last edited by IcyCosmic; 11 August 2012 at 01:31 PM.

I watch this serial, now telecast in Star-Vijay TV in Tamil, and love it. McKitty is absolutely true - the actor acting as Shiva is so very, very realistic - it is a wonder how serine his smile is and how his very demeanour is that of Shiva!

Does anyone please know where I can find all these episodes online in good quality with english subtitles? I understand hindi but I prefer it with the subs so I can watch with friends.

Hello everyone,
    Great show! Although I don't understand the dialogue, I really like the actors portrayal of the Deities. I see that they've added Kartikeya to the show now, does anyone know if there's any hope of seeing Ganesh?

Also, a thought: I don't see why affirming the formed aspect of a Deity has to deny its formless aspect, are they not merely two sides of the same coin?

_
    ~Har Har Mahadev~

Where there is Truth there is Victory

"The mind is a dangerous weapon, even to the possessor, if he knows not discreetly how to use it." - Michel de Montaigne

~Om Namah Shivay~

I know this thread is very old, I just wanted to share that this show is now available with English subtitles!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAwnnlG9PhA
    I have been enjoying this show very much, it has helped to bring life to a lot of what I have read. Also it is a wonderful alternative to the types of shows that are readily available here in the US. I find it to be much more positive and uplifting than what is usually on here (violence, sex, and mind numbing reality tv).
    Om Namah Shivaya

Quote Originally Posted by fem_phoenix1109 View Post
    I know this thread is very old, I just wanted to share that this show is now available with English subtitles!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAwnnlG9PhA
    I have been enjoying this show very much, it has helped to bring life to a lot of what I have read. Also it is a wonderful alternative to the types of shows that are readily available here in the US. I find it to be much more positive and uplifting than what is usually on here (violence, sex, and mind numbing reality tv).
    Namaste.

Thank you so much for telling us and it's about time this was translated into English.

I watched it in Hindi, but not being fluent in Hindi (anymore) meant that a lot was lost in the translation and while I was actually trying to watch the show - I couldn't really enjoy it because I was too busy translating it.

I shall start watching this in English.

*yes, the actor does a very good impersonation of Shiva.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namaste.

As for the previous debate about Lord Shiva appearing in 'personal form'...

I too, am like Eastern Mind in that I feel Lord Shiva cannot be represented in human image as it is too 'limiting' as to what Shiva actually is.

Then again, I feel the same about a Shiva Lingam or statue of Nataraja as well..it's like nothing can compare to Shiva or represent Him in any way, shape or form.

What Shiva is can only be realised after we remove everything that Shiva is not. Then again, if Shiva is everything, how can there be anything that Shiva is not?

Thus, I worship Lord Shiva in both personal and impersonal form. In the end, it makes no difference anyway.

I am not an artist and don't have an artistic bone in my body, but if I were to draw/represent what I see Lord Shiva as and as close as I could get it to what the ancient Rishis have described, He would look totally different to the Lord Shiva as portrayed in the popular media.

He would look less sanguine and meditative and more intimidating, 'badass' and totally amazing and awesome!

Aum Namah Shivaya

Thread Information