Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this hold any weight?..

Does this hold any weight?..

Imagine I married a wretched, horrible, shallow, woman. Or I married a caring, gentle, and understanding woman.

In general is it possible that if I married the former, I might have a baby who is less karmically endowed and that if I married the latter my child would have a better sheet of karmic bank(s). Or is it likely that I would have a similar child regardless?

Just a random thought, that I assumed would make some nice light discussion
    So does that hold any weight?

Re: Does this hold any weight?..

Vannakkam: Who makes this decision, the soul looking for a new body, or the parents, or both. In day to day life, what kinds of people do you attract - ones similar to you, or ones of the polar opposite?

Aum Namasivaya

Hello Icy,

From a different perspective, I feel that it depends on the child's karma which had been accumulated from his/her past lives. If he/her deserves a better life, then the mother might be the latter, if not, then the former. My two cents worth.

Hm, I'm not entirely sure. That is why I posed the question. Although I would assume from the small understanding I have; that it would be multiple and infinite reasons and multiple paradigms and facets to the simple equation of the childs karmic banks.

The people I hang around and attract must hold bearing, so must my environment, my influences and beliefs, and all the other things that factor into an individuals life, however I would 'ASSUME' that the mother and father would hold the GREATEST level of bearing on the gradient to which a child would birth.

I usually attract people who are polar opposites to me, but I would never let any bad influences overshadow my seeds in my presence. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    Hello Icy,

From a different perspective, I feel that it depends on the child's karma which had been accumulated from his/her past lives. If he/her deserves a better life, then the mother might be the latter, if not, then the former. My two cents worth.
    Hm, so are you trying to say that my future child will have a bearing on my wife before I even pick a spouse, and not the other way around?

हरिः ओम्

Namaste Icy,

This would effect which soul chooses you as a parent. This would effect your childs dharma, but not their karma.
    A result of your newly made karma.

Your choice here being influenced by dharma.

What if both Women refuse your request for marriage, due to circumstances pertaining to artha; might you chose moksha instead?

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    Last edited by Mana; 20 May 2012 at 10:14 AM.
    8i8

'Your choice is influenced by your dharma.

What if both Women refuse your request for marriage; due to circumstances pertaining to artha, might you chose moksha instead? '

My that is quite enlightening, Mana. Thankyou.

'This would effect which soul chooses you as a parent, I should say that this would have an effect on their dharma, not their karma;
    this would be a result of your karma. '

Do you mind elaborating on this a little further?

Yes definitely. Both ways actually, as Mana highlighted.

Someone told me once that both parents and children become a family due to their past karmas. If our karma in our past lives are good, then we get good parents and good children, if not, the other way around.

Vannakkam Icy: Generally speaking children reflect their parents. I taught school (one class - all subjects, elementary) for some 27 years, so I got to know quite a few families. (You do the math) The norm was that the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Usually parents had similar world views,and so did the kids. Smart parents, smart kids. Crazy parents crazy kids, egotistical parents, egotistical kids. That was the general case.

Far more interesting were the exceptions. The really smart kid whose parents were just plain, or worse, alcoholics. In that case, I believe the older soul (the kid) purposely chose those parents just to work out karma, intentionally. Usually they left home at age 16 or 17 too.

In the opposite case (wise parent but plain kid) I think it was the parent's karma to have to go through this.

Just ideas ... nice thread.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    Yes definitely. Both ways actually, as Mana highlighted.

Someone told me once that both parents and children become a family due to their past karmas. If our karma in our past lives are good, then we get good parents and good children, if not, the other way around.
    Makes alot of sense. Thanks.

Thread Information