Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eternal Recurrence

Eternal Recurrence

Is it plausible that someone's karma could be proportioned such that the only life they can live once they die is the same life again and so each and every time they die for all eternity they are reborn as themselves at the same time and date to the same parents?
    If you found out that you were god, dreaming a life for yourself, and that you were identical with the external world, you would ask yourself: "So, what would I have happen to me in my life? what would be my perfect drama?":cool1:

You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever.

Re: Eternal Recurrence

हरिः ओम्

Namaste ZarryT,

An interesting thought, but I should say ; No it is not possible.

The Universe is a highly dynamic place, one fundamental law here on earth is that water must flow in order to remain clean;
    stagnant water very quickly reproduce new and differentiated life; often harmful to that which is blocking the flow, thus
    eradicating the blockage or at the very least transforming it.

I don't believe for this reason that time ever replays the exact same cycle; as we can observe
    , for example, in the Mandelbrot set.

Just thoughts mind you; impossible to prove either way.

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    8i8

Wow, that sure is a brain rattler. I would assume, that anything is possible basing it on the magnificent and sometimes outlandish tales within the scriptures....but then again....

For that to happen, I don't think its possible, the keyword being 'eternal', maybe once? maybe even twice? but lightning won't strike in the same place for eternity...

Quote Originally Posted by IcySFX View Post
    Wow, that sure is a brain rattler. I would assume, that anything is possible basing it on the magnificent and sometimes outlandish tales within the scriptures....but then again....

For that to happen, I don't think its possible, the keyword being 'eternal', maybe once? maybe even twice? but lightning won't strike in the same place for eternity...
    Well if the individual's karma was so arranged that every action they do leads to every other action in their lives, with all of those actions eventually leading to their own birth, then they would necessarily be born as themselves over and over again for all eternity, and there wouldn't be a first, second or last time. It would be once, but the same once forever.
    If you found out that you were god, dreaming a life for yourself, and that you were identical with the external world, you would ask yourself: "So, what would I have happen to me in my life? what would be my perfect drama?":cool1:

You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ZarryT View Post
    Well if the individual's karma was so arranged that every action they do leads to every other action in their lives, with all of those actions eventually leading to their own birth, then they would necessarily be born as themselves over and over again for all eternity, and there wouldn't be a first, second or last time. It would be once, but the same once forever.
    How is it possible for every family of the member, to all have this same arranged action of patterns, and since you accumulate karma for every thought and action in any plane of existene, whether mental or physical (it being so intricate) its damn near impossible for someone to recreate the exact same karmic bank?

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by ZarryT View Post
    Is it plausible that someone's karma could be proportioned such that the only life they can live once they die is the same life again and so each and every time they die for all eternity they are reborn as themselves at the same time and date to the same parents?
    I have two views on this matter... how would any one know ? The person that lived life-after-life? We in the human condition can barely remember what we had for dinner yesterday, no ? So, what is possible may need to be measured to confirm the possibility. Who is to measure ?

The second idea, I will leave for a later post.

praām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Vannakkam: Although some days it feels like it ... same old thing, same old thing, same old thing ... I believe that No, it is not possible. Maybe with each of Siva's breaths between each mahapralaya, we repeat, but that would really be taking some memory! Not just yesterday's lunch.

Aum Namasivaya

We evolve in every birth, whether for the better or for the worse, but never remain the same.

Every birth we take gives us a different set of experiences and this causes different types of karma... to be born into the same family even twice isn't quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    हरिः ओम्

Namaste ZarryT,

An interesting thought, but I should say ; No it is not possible.

The Universe is a highly dynamic place, one fundamental law here on earth is that water must flow in order to remain clean;
    stagnant water very quickly reproduce new and differentiated life; often harmful to that which is blocking the flow, thus
    eradicating the blockage or at the very least transforming it.

I don't believe for this reason that time ever replays the exact same cycle; as we can observe
    , for example, in the Mandelbrot set.

Just thoughts mind you; impossible to prove either way.

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya

But it could be that since in the state of death, between the death and birth of that individual, the period of forgetting wipes the slate clean; the individuals karma happens to bring about the same events again.

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

I have two views on this matter... how would any one know ? The person that lived life-after-life? We in the human condition can barely remember what we had for dinner yesterday, no ? So, what is possible may need to be measured to confirm the possibility. Who is to measure ?

The second idea, I will leave for a later post.

praām

The question of "how would anyone know" contributes greatly to the position i am speculating here.

Say you were reincarnated as someone else. You would never know that you had been the you that you are right now.

So, from your perspective, it doesn't matter whether you repeat this life or have a new one - since you'll never know that it's repeating.

Thread Information