Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Selecting a personal deity?

Re: Selecting a personal deity?

Just choose whatever makes you feel close to Parabrahman....in time you will grow
    Om Hrim Kshraum Ugram Veeram Maha-Vishnum, Jwalantham Sarvatho Mukham Nrisimham Bheeshanam Bhadram Mrityu-Mrityum Namaamyaham

Follower of Śeṣanaaga

Re: Selecting a personal deity?

Namaste,

I personally do not believe in the literal existence of gods and goddesses but view all of our devis and devas as forms of Bhagavan.

I worship Shree Ganesh, Brahma Pita, Vishnu Pita, Shiva Pita, Saraswati Mata, Lakshmi Mata, Durga/ Parvati Mata and even Santoshi Mata at various times however the one form I feel the most connected to is Kali Mata.

How I came to know Her is really an amazing story. Firstly let me start off by saying my last name is Kalicharan.

I followed Islam and Christianity from childhood to teenage years. A few weeks before my 18th birthday I developed and obsessive fascination with discovering the meaning of my last name. Now I didn't have Internet access at the time so I couldn't simply Google it. Then I made the effort of going to an Internet cafe and Googled my last name and lo and behold I found out the meaning. Kalicharan means "At the Feet of Kali Mata." at that very moment I was enveloped in love for Her and since then She is the roop that I feel the most connected to. I also delved into Hinduism in full force finally reclaiming the heritage of my ancestors. My parents are not Hindu btw.

I am 25 years old now and even though overtime I delved into the other forms, Kali Maa is still the form I run to first and foremost because She chose me...I didn't choose Her

Thread Information