Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Lifted off the floor by consciousness"

"Lifted off the floor by consciousness"

Story here.

Swami Shailendra Saraswati tells Ila Sankrityayan about ‘yogic flying’ and its benefits

When we talk about collective consciousness,” explained Swami Shailendra Saraswati, during a lecture on Maharishi’s Technology of the Unified Field of Physics and Vedic Sciences at IHC, “it is similar to the sum of all functions performed by various organisms and cells in the body.”

He continued, “But each organ, be it the eyes, ear, nose and mouth, are separate, as far as their functioning is concerned. And cells perform roles that are equal to those of single organisms.”

Saraswati said, “If each individual attains deeper consciousness, it helps to attain that uniform field.” Swamiji was holding a session on ‘Yogic Flying’, which he informed us can, “only be achieved through Transcendental Meditation.”

He added, “The technique opens awareness to Transcendental Consciousness and the Unified Field of Natural Law, which is the basis of awareness.” According to him, here you won’t have to curtail your desires for materialistic things, but it will automatically have those desires fulfilled, by learning to function from a state of pure consciousness.

This is the potential of Natural Law. The mind gains increasing support of nature during the fulfillment of one’s desires.

“With this thought, action spontaneously become in accordance with the evolutionary power of natural law. Then one’s ability to function will increase. Moreover, this yoga will give you mental satisfaction.”

He began the yoga by sitting in sukhasana, eyes closed, placing both hands behind him.

“It may take at least two months or more to learn this yoga. The important thing, to remember, he said, “is your mind should be stress free while doing it. There should be no attempt to keep your body straight.” The process begins with the Rasayana Mantra. Reciting ‘Ram, Rahim.’ There syllable ‘R’ dislodges stress stick in the nervous system. It is recited first by speaking from the mouth and repeating in the mind. This is done for twenty minutes.

The later stage is when one recites eighteen sutras from Patanjali Yogic Sutra for another 20 minutes. “The last one, the ‘flying sutra’ is long and difficult,” Saraswati said.

The ‘flying technique’ resembled hopping in one place. The body was raised up and down.

According to him this helps increasing intelligence, learning ability, creativity, and neurological efficiency. He shared that “a paper on The Scientific Research on TM, revealed that if one per cent of the population begins practicing this mediation, it reduces accidents and crime.”

During the first stage of yogic flying, the body lifts up and moves forward in short hops. And then, via that process, one experiences elation, lightness and ecstasy.

Through frequent practice, one can achieve a level of mental peace.

He added, “EEG (electroencephalography) studies show that during this practice, when the body lifts up, coherence is maximum in brain wave activity.

“Optimum coherence in brain functioning creates perfect coordination between mind and body. The effect is more, when yogic flying is practiced in groups. The influence of unity spreads in the environment, reducing negative tendencies and promoting positive ones.

“The impact was visible during 1983 when about 7000 people took part in a collective meditation session in Iowa. I was a part of it,” recalled Saraswati. “Collective consciousness gives the best result.”
    I was taught TM (Transcendental Meditation) in my school days. Surely I have benefitted from it. But Yogic flying? I am not sure. The picture from the article does depict the Swami above the ground. But I do not know for sure.

Picture from article:

Re: "Lifted off the floor by consciousness"

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

This experience is called out in the yogatattva upaniad,
    as a frog leaps, so does the yogin sitting in the padama posture moves on earth. With increased practice he is able to rise above the ground.

I have no doubts that this ability is possible.
    praām
    Last edited by yajvan; 26 May 2012 at 03:18 PM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Possibly some kind of hopping, because the body can jerk in deep meditation. But flying, no I don´t believe it.

If anything someone may have an out of body experience, but the body would still sit on the floor.

Maya

I don't believe that the followers of Maharshi Mahesh Yogi can do this. They have shown on television how these people practice hopping from the floor in padmasana from trampolines and thick mats. Of course, a true yogi with siddhis could do many feats that seem impossible, but for these new age yogis from the Maharshi Mahesh Yogi sect, these are simply magic tricks, optical illusions and camera editing to fool people.

Hello,

Well I don't really have views on this subject (Or at last a skeptic one, but it's not interesting) But as a graphic student, I can say that the fist photo seems modified. Just an exemple: the light. For a light so intense, or directly above him, the shadow should not be blurred like this.

Aum
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

If this ability was not possible patañjali muni would not call it out in his yogadarśana. Nor would we find this called out in the upaniṣad-s.

Yet my intent is not to convience the reader; you must find out for yourself.

praām
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

How does it matter? Meditation is not for that purpose.
    There are easier "Baloons" that allow flying.

Patanjali maharshi also warns that people should not get attracted towards such things as flying etc. These may or may not be true. I am not sure, coz i cannot fly

... But then the purpose of meditation is not to fly in air.

Namaste,

I believe Maharishi Patanjali and Gurus who assert that an accomplished Yogi can fly. In fact, they can appear anywhere they like.

However, the picture is too dramatic and therefore, raises doubts.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

I would stay away from any swami who exhibits such powers...
    because : why exhibit powers like that ?
    such powers are really impediments according to Patanjali maharshi and Sri Krishna [in BG and uddhava Gita]

and its also easy to fall prey to charms etc.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by silence_speaks View Post
    How does it matter? Meditation is not for
    that purpose.
    There is one small technicality you may have overlooked... patañjali’s yogadarśana calls out these siddhi-s for a purpose. They are there to develop saṁyama. They are not there for entertainment. Siddhi-s are predicated upon the development of samādhi . Meditation is for the grooming of samādhi. This is the connection point of the two. This is the value.

Now one may choose not to practice any type of siddhi and that is fine. Yet it will not come (anyway) without the grooming of samādhi .

So for those that care not to proceed in any type of siddhi practice it will not occur any way for without samādhi no siddhi-s will germinate. It is that simple.

praām
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Thread Information