Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why is hinduism not credited?

Re: Why is hinduism not credited?

Quote Originally Posted by TouchedbytheLord View Post
    This passage tells me that, while India has made some of the world's greatest achievements in science and medicine (I believe that plastic surgery was performed centuries ago to repair a woman's damaged nose), India has not "advertised" itself. I think therein lies the problem of today's world having forgotten what India was and is capable of. In school we only learned of Marconi, Alexander Graham Bell and Enrico Fermi.
    And therein lies the "problem". It is quintessentially Hindu to self-abnegate and defer to keep one's (individual/country/identity) ego in check. Yet, that has proven to be our (Indian/Hindu) greatest weakness/fault as well. This is because when you face empty vessels (that make a lot of noise), being demure and reticent about one's own achievements is mistaken for weakness and lack of enterprise etc.

The other great fault of this whole thing is that India is the only (big) country in the world to have the dubious distinction of having its history written by foreigners, who are almost always anti-Indian and anti-Hindu. This has been the case since the 17th century from Hegel onwards.

The native Americans had this similar attitude that nobody owned anything and the earth was a living being and we should all share and be happy together. See how that worked out in front of the barbarian hordes of Europe? That is exactly why Hindus must insist that their CP (cultural property/legacy) is unequivocally Indian/Hindu and nobody has the right to interpret it as they please. This is sadly happening to Yoga (at least asana or postural Yoga) in front of our eyes.

I wonder if these mlecchas who think they are doing "yoga" are aware of this(?).

Quote Originally Posted by realdemigod View Post
    ....sadly the world believes Europeans taught the world about science.

I remember in one documentary some lunkhead professor said Arabs invented 'zero'.

I believe India was a land of intellectual giants while Europeans were still barbarians and it doesn't matter if India or Hinduism is being credited or not.
    On one level, (our own egos) you are right. Being credited for one's accomplishments is not necessary.

On the other level. where in Western eyes we are seen as nothing but superstitious and backward idolators, a little credibility would be a good thing.

Pranam,

Devi

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    The first modern airplane was made in India in 1895 based on ancient manuals of the Vimana Shashtra by the Sanskrit scholar Shivkar Bapuji Talpade and traveled 1500 feet in the air.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=AA6Mdy2dEQw#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlsilf7CijI
    When I was in my +2 .. my Sanskrit teacher told me his friend is doing Phd. in Vimana Shastra and my teacher said.. Pushpaka Viman in our epics and scriptures was least of all the models which were there eons ago. I haven't talked to my teacher in many years but if I manage to contact him..will surely check with him on the progress his friend made.. I guess he would have finished his Phd by now
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Thread Information