Thread: Ganesha in Tantra

1. Question Ganesha in Tantra

Jai Ma!

Well i heard that Ucchista Ganapati is worshiped among some Tantrics as he is Tantric form of Ganesha, but i was woundering where in India are so called Tantric Ganapatyas and where can one find one?

I'm also interested in reading some good texts about Ganesha in Tantra, if you know what i mean?

I hope for some answer and i wish you all the best,
    Advaita

Re: Ganesha in Tantra

You should start with Ganapati Atharvasheersha. It is both Vaidik and Tantrik at the same. It extols Lords qualities as the supreme and also reveals his mantric nature and tantric red form and also His 8 names.
    The rishi is Ganaka.
    Either way first sadhana to follow in the Ganesha pursuit is repeat His beeja GAM. Its stands unparallelled in helping us understand His tattva
    Ganesha is one Lord who has been misunderstood by many for eons and He is thus inconceivable. Many still think he was created by Shakti but His manifestation as the son of Shakti was a leela as He is Mayapati/
    Ga word is sanskrit means "to achieve".Esoterically Ga is the basis for Gagana which is the spiritual para vyoma the spiritual sky which lies in our heart chakra
    It is this Gam, which is of the form of “Maya Upadhika Parambrahma” which sports in the Hridaya Guha / Hridaya Padma / Hridaya Akasa in the form of Chit.
    Ganapati Suktam of Rig Veda:
    “Gananaam Tva Ganapatim Havamahe… Kavim Kavinaam Upmasra Vastavam.. Jyesta Rajam.. Brahmanaam Brahmanaspatah Aa Nah Srunvan Utibhih Seeda Saadhanam”

He is Brahmanaspati the lord of all vedas and vedanta

Since, this Ganapati is highly sublime, supreme and can only be felt which is beyond senses (Asparsha), he is called “Ucchistaa Ganapati”. Upasakas of this form of Ganapati are Gaudapada, Adi Sankara, Acharyas of Sringeri Peeta, Chidanandanatha, Sri Bhaskararaya. In recent times, Dravida Rajeswara Sastrigal of Kasi was the greatest exponent of this form Upasana.

If you want to start his upasana you can start with Ucchistha Ganapati astothram. the divine names adding "om gam" before every name.. His worship yields very fast results.. Take me on this!

3. Re: Ganesha in Tantra

Tantra a aren't really meant for the uninitiated. Sure you can find some with commentary, but you miss the real gems that are hidden in subtle language. It's like trying to read the Paratrisikavivarana without your head exploding.

A competent preceptor is needed or you won't gain the true wisdom. Ask Abhinavagupta and he'd tell you the same ;-)

Thread Information