Thread: Your daily joy

Your daily joy

Hello everyone !

Well, I made this tread so that everyone can share his daily joy in his practice of Dharma. Let me explain : something good happened to you today ? Your experience with someone was great ? Did you help or get helped today ? You had great temple experience, or just a simple joy ? Express it here !

Many tread are about debates, questions, problems and other very interesting stuff, so here you can breath, relax and simply thank the Divine for helping you or bringing you this joy today ! It's simple !

So, here's my daily joy:

Today was the beginning of loooong serie of difficult exams in my school. As I am in a great and difficult school, I was very stressed because I can be expelled if I failed those exams, and there are so much to learn !
    Those three past days, I studied very hard, and praying Lord Ganesha and Maa Saraswati for assistance. But this morning, I was still very stressed and full of doubt. The few minutes before the exam, I recited many mantras of Lord Ganesha and asked him for assistance. I putted a lot of will and work in those three days, and I really needed to focus.

This exam was a really good surprise ! Thanks to the studies and the focus, I was able to solve many things and I'm sure that it will be a very good result !

Plus, this same day, I received the highest score in another exam we had few weeks past ! I was so overwhelmed in joy, I just sat there in class and bowed to Lord Ganesha in mind many and many times, thanking him with all my heart.

It's maybe not very important compared to other things, but this was a really great joy to see the result of my efforts in studies and the confidence in Lord Ganesha and Maa Saraswati !
    So, as soon as I got back from school, I ran in my altar and chanted Ganesha Bajan, offering sweets, milk, flowers, incense and light, thanking Lord Ganesha and Maa Saraswati.
    The altar is a complete mess but oh, I'm sure they won't mind !

I have more important exams and as much of work in this week and the next week...But thanks to this little piece of joy I had today, I'm all confident ! Maybe I'll fail the next exams, maybe not, but what I'm sure now, it's that I'll fight for it !

Your turn now ! Talk about your daily joy !
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Re: Your daily joy

A Lovely thread idea McKitty! And congratulations on your joy.

My life's in a very strange place at the minute, so my daily joy for today is probably a little weak and less easy to celebrate, but here it is:

• A friend sent me a link to a page which was most informative to me, which was pleasing.
    • I saw a Red Kite, a bird of prey which in recent years has been re-introduced to the U.K. after a long period of rarity.
    • My uncle made a most generous gift offer to me.
    • My beloved snake Ouroboros (affectionate names: Snakey, Snake-mate) shed her skin.
    • A continuation of the fantastic weather we have been having here in the U.K.

I will add to this list this very thread, since if it hadn't existed I would've been unaware of the fact that actually today had quite a few blessings.
    If you found out that you were god, dreaming a life for yourself, and that you were identical with the external world, you would ask yourself: "So, what would I have happen to me in my life? what would be my perfect drama?":cool1:

You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever.

I like that art print of Saraswati on your home temple. Just seeing Saraswati Devi in that shrine made my daily joy for today!

She is so beautiful!

Mother Saraswati, teach me how to sing bhajans!

हरिः ओम्

Namaste McKitty,

What a lovely idea for a thread: Yesterday lunch time, whilst in quiet meditation of Śiva; God conciousness. I was lucky enough to observed the
    flight of two butterfly's, both were beautiful. Their flight, albeit erratic seemed somehow coordinated as they flitted from place to place.
    I felt very strong connection with nature at that time.

O
    n arriving home from after work; I was delighted to see this superb photograph on a facebook posting.

I think that this tortoise, is contemplating God conciousness also ...

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    Last edited by Mana; 31 May 2012 at 02:11 PM.
    8i8

Hello,

I'm happy that you like this tread ^^" I was afraid it didn't sound "smart" enough but sometimes, it's good to go back to the simple things. Plus look, our daily joys bring joy to other people, this is very good !

Mana I find your picture very inspiring thank you ! It seems for me that the turtle is God, and that us, Butterflies are trying to see him in whole, but he is so big it's hard ! But God can also bo the butterfly, beautifully weaving trough the elements, while the turtle draming of this state try to figure the beautiful dance of the butterfly.

In fact, wherever you look, even inside of you, there is God.

Here, daily joy

Aum
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Namaste,

My Joy for me is reflected in nature, when I am able to hear the simple sounds of nature, of the wind, of the birds, of the rain, etc.

God shows me Love, though, in so many little ways. I just have to keep my eyes open to those expressions of Love.

Hello !

A friend from school is performing a "live" through internet stream website...He play music very good and it's a funny moment x3
    Daily joy: today friend an music yay!

Aum~
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

When I know Maa Saraswati has inspired and helped me learn a new song or play better on guitar.

And when my dogs and cat come running to me, to pounce on me, and show unconditional love.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Tonight I'll chant Om Namah Shivaya and listen to Lord's aarti and devotionnal songs...

And this makes me so incredibly happy ! Jai Mahadev !

The simplest the daily joy, the greater it is !

Aum Namah Shivaya !
    Last edited by McKitty; 08 July 2012 at 03:48 PM.
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Thread Information