Thread: Aditya Hridayam

Aditya Hridayam

Namaste all,

Recently I have been focusing on the Aditya Hridayam, which can be found in the Yuddha Kanda of the Ramayana. It was taught by Agastya to Lord Rama before his final battle with Ravana. Extoling the beauty and power of the sun, this surely is one of the most beautiful hymns I have ever encountered. I am taken aback by the resplendent praise and virtues of the sun, and the self-contained power of it. It becomes even more remarkable when considering the context it was presented in, as it was this worship of the sun which gave Lord Rama much energy and power to become victorious.

Does anybody recite and meditate upon this stotram or have anything to share about it?

The text can be found here and a wonderful rendition here

Jai Sri Ram
    Last edited by Ramakrishna; 30 May 2012 at 12:14 AM.
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Smile Re: Aditya Hridayam

I have been reading it on a daily basis for the past 3 years.

The phalasruti is 100% true, in my experience.

Thumbs Up Re: Aditya Hridayam

Aditya Hridayam.. What do I say about this hymn to Surya Bhagavan? It has been one of the most brilliantly written shloka I've ever come across.

I have started experiencing the benefits of chanting it. It is helping me in overcoming laziness, staying focused on my goals and plans. Let's see what happens in due course of time.

Jai Shri Ram

- Madhav

Re: Aditya Hridayam

ramakrishna ji
    it also protects you from eye disease & increases netrajyoti & protects from heart didease too.
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Thread Information