Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defining future incarnations

Re: Defining future incarnations

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by ZarryT View Post
    Trust, if you escape the cycle, you'll just wanna go straight back in. Bliss is boring. Liberation = done.
    I for one can say with certainty I have not experienced bliss. On occasion I have had moderate doses of happiness and a sprinkle of joy now and then, but nope, no bliss that I can record on my watch. I say this because I cannot speak with any authority on it being potentially boring - perhaps it is so.

Yet on the opposite end of the spectrum are the experiences that life brings. I had this in great doses for the last 60 years. Here I can speak from experience. If given the choice by grace, unfoldment or providence, I will take liberation (mokṣa) in a millisecond. Why so? It is not for the potential experience of bliss. If others want this, I am happy for your choice and desire to accumulate this experience.
    For me - it is all about returning home, returning to the wholeness (anāhata&#185 and fullness of Being. It is this that is at the core of my thoughts day-in and day-out. If there is joy to this perhaps it is svātmārāma - taking pleasure in or contented with one's Self; then there is no need for other desires or outside distractions or future manifestations that may come to pass ... it is just to return home.

praṇām

1. anāhata is defined as unbeaten , not multiplied. It is another way of saying the 'wholeness' state of Being
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

I for one can say with certainty I have not experienced bliss. On occasion I have had moderate doses of happiness and a sprinkle of joy now and then, but nope, no bliss that I can record on my watch. I say this because I cannot speak with any authority on it being potentially boring - perhaps it is so.

Yet on the opposite end of the spectrum are the experiences that life brings. I had this in great doses for the last 60 years. Here I can speak from experience. If given the choice by grace, unfoldment or providence, I will take liberation (mokṣa) in a millisecond. Why so? It is not for the potential experience of bliss. If others want this, I am happy for your choice and desire to accumulate this experience.
    For me - it is all about returning home, returning to the wholeness (anāhata) and fullness of Being. It is this that is at the core of my thoughts day-in and day-out. If there is joy to this perhaps it is svātmārāma - taking pleasure in or contented with one's Self; then there is no need for other desires or outside distractions or future manifestations that may come to pass ... it is just to return home.

praṇām

1. anāhata is defined as unbeaten , not multiplied. It is another way of saying the 'wholeness' state of Being
    The returning home, moksha, wholeness, is bliss itself.
    If you found out that you were god, dreaming a life for yourself, and that you were identical with the external world, you would ask yourself: "So, what would I have happen to me in my life? what would be my perfect drama?":cool1:

You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Aum namah Śivāya View Post
    Namaste dearest ZarryT,

Please, reconsider your position here. I can only assume that you have not yet experienced the beautiful gift of Divine Bliss that God can and will offer you if that is your heart's desire.

you assume incorrectly my friend. Our missed connection here is due to me coming to Hinduism after the fact, as it explains my experience and understanding better than any other spirituality / religion. Much love.
    If you found out that you were god, dreaming a life for yourself, and that you were identical with the external world, you would ask yourself: "So, what would I have happen to me in my life? what would be my perfect drama?":cool1:

You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya3 View Post
    "You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever."

That is beautiful.

Maya
    Thank you. It's my explanation for the purpose / meaning of life, a logical conclusion i reached after experiencing bliss and returning to this state.

this thread is over for now. I worked out my own answer. The question might return though.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

The returning home, moksha, wholeness, is bliss itself.
    This is TBD as I see it. It is no different then trying to explain the taste of a banana to one that never experienced it. You can describe it, offer the chemical composition, even show the individual the picture. Yet with the taste, then one realizes what this banana is all about.

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

This is TBD as I see it. It is no different then trying to explain the taste of a banana to one that never experienced it. You can describe it, offer the chemical composition, even show the individual the picture. Yet with the taste, then one realizes what this banana is all about.

praṇām
    TBD? I'm not familiar with this acronym. You're right about the banana metaphor; no amount of description can ever reveal to someone the state which i describe as bliss; they have to taste it themselves.

namaste.

You have the answer here and in that thread:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...1&postcount=14

Quote Originally Posted by McKitty View Post
    Hello,

Does that mean, if I die with Lord Shiva in my mind and in my lips, will I attain Shiva ? What if someone keep that in mind, does he have any hope to reach his goal? That implies passing through the laws of Karma isn't it ?

Aum~
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

you assume incorrectly my friend. Our missed connection here is due to me coming to Hinduism after the fact, as it explains my experience and understanding better than any other spirituality / religion. Much love.
    Namaste,

I am glad that you have experienced God's Bliss. But, you can go ever deeper. If you are bored with it, then you have grown stagnant in your spiritual development an are distracted by the allure of worldly pleasures. The Bliss goes infinitely deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Aum namah Śivāya View Post
    Namaste,

I am glad that you have experienced God's Bliss. But, you can go ever deeper. If you are bored with it, then you have grown stagnant in your spiritual development an are distracted by the allure of worldly pleasures. The Bliss goes infinitely deeper.

What I have experienced has no further depth; it is limitless and whole.

The world and worldly pleasures are the whole point; in blissful oneness there is nothing to do, no-one to talk to, nothing to think about, nothing to suffer and overcome as a challenge.

The world is the game. Bliss is the resting period between games.

Thread Information