Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defining future incarnations

Defining future incarnations

Is anyone familiar with anything (including scripture or just personal philosophy) which suggests the possibility of actively defining precise features of one's future incarnations?

Say I would like to live a life much like the one i have now, except with a greater dedication to athletics, or business, or circus performance... what actions might i be able to take in this life to establish those features in a future incarnation?
    If you found out that you were god, dreaming a life for yourself, and that you were identical with the external world, you would ask yourself: "So, what would I have happen to me in my life? what would be my perfect drama?":cool1:

You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever.

Re: Defining future incarnations

Have more desires in those fields!

But isnt the point to get out of this birth-death cycle? So really you are supposed to follow the spritual Sadhana to the best of your ability so that you attain liberation in this life and even if not in a future incarnation you are born in a more conducive environment to practixe Sadhana and make more progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker123 View Post
    Have more desires in those fields!

But isnt the point to get out of this birth-death cycle? So really you are supposed to follow the spritual Sadhana to the best of your ability so that you attain liberation in this life and even if not in a future incarnation you are born in a more conducive environment to practixe Sadhana and make more progress.
    Trust, if you escape the cycle, you'll just wanna go straight back in. Bliss is boring. Liberation = done. Bothered about crafting incarnations now.

So do you know of any way of producing these desired outcomes?
    If you found out that you were god, dreaming a life for yourself, and that you were identical with the external world, you would ask yourself: "So, what would I have happen to me in my life? what would be my perfect drama?":cool1:

You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever.

Zarry,

'' You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever.''

out of curiosity, what is the source of the quote. Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by charitra View Post
    Zarry,

'' You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever.''

out of curiosity, what is the source of the quote. Namaste.
    Me

Pranam Zarry

Yes we define our future birth every time, only problem is we do not know what our past Karmas and desires that remains unfulfilled from our many incarnation, eventually your desire for being in a circus or a sportsman will come good.

In Bhagvat Gita chapter 8 Lord Krishna says;

Whatever state of being one remembers when he quits his body, that state he will attain without fail. 8.6

In fact there is a story in Mahabharat, Amba for her wanting to seek revenge on Bhisma took birth as a son of Drupad in her future life to fulfill her only desire.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Whatever state of being one remembers when he quits his body, that state he will attain without fail. 8.6
    Thanks, i'll keep that firmly in mind.

Hello,

Does that mean, if I die with Lord Shiva in my mind and in my lips, will I attain Shiva ? What if someone keep that in mind, does he have any hope to reach his goal? That implies passing through the laws of Karma isn't it ?

Aum~
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Quote Originally Posted by ZarryT View Post
    Trust, if you escape the cycle, you'll just wanna go straight back in. Bliss is boring. Liberation = done. Bothered about crafting incarnations now.

So do you know of any way of producing these desired outcomes?
    Namaste dearest ZarryT,

Please, reconsider your position here. I can only assume that you have not yet experienced the beautiful gift of Divine Bliss that God can and will offer you if that is your heart's desire. There is nothing boring in that eternally new, everlasting, inexhaustible Bliss and Joy. If you would rather seek after the smaller joys of the world because your desire is too great, that is your right, but please do not intentionally perpetuate this cycle.

Give at least some attention to God and see what He has to offer, which, I promise you, is far, far greater than any mere pleasure in the world, which are almost an affront to His eternal Bliss—saccidānanda.

The joys of this world can only please you for a time, but then you quickly become bored with them, and you move onto another joy. Perhaps you see God's Joy in this way. However, the "joys" of the world are actually only a very poor reflection of the perfection of God's Joy, which is the true and deepest desire, yea need, of our soul. In God, all seeking is abandoned, all questions are dismissed, all suffering is forgotten. Once the soul rests in Him, then nothing else is ever needed or desired.

"You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever."

That is beautiful.

Maya

Thread Information