Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Defining future incarnations

Re: Defining future incarnations

Quote Originally Posted by ZarryT View Post
    Is anyone familiar with anything (including scripture or just personal philosophy) which suggests the possibility of actively defining precise features of one's future incarnations?

Say I would like to live a life much like the one i have now, except with a greater dedication to athletics, or business, or circus performance... what actions might i be able to take in this life to establish those features in a future incarnation?

Namste ZarryT,

I am surprised why didn't you find the answer of your simple question till now ?
    you need not to do much just practice the same trade which you want to follow in next life i.e. if you want to be a athlete then do exercise daily like jogging, sprint etc. also heir a coach for better results.
    Now the second part of your question, means how to confirm about your next life, it is also very simple just pray daily to god with following Mantra "Om namo Bhagwate Vashudevya". according to my philosophy you will surely became an athlete in you next life.

Saadar

Saral

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    हरिः ओम्

Namaste ZarryT,

I would be fascinated to hear of your experience of the Supreme, how did it manifest; did it instigate any change in your
    perception? How would you translate the word moksha?

The nature of perspective leads often to a great misunderstanding in the transmission of ones thoughts, and as human
    beings we are far from being all the same creatures, their is much diversity among us. We have many differing assets with
    which to cross the river.

Just as some have a greater physical strength; others are more emotionally aware, this is a sense of sort which can at
    times even paralyse its beholder, thus the joy when one masters it.

Those who are unaware of this sense are often times, incapable of it or have a diminished sense of it. They may rest
    permanently fixed in objective thought and action. Their life's force and energy, does not come from within via
    introspection, it is obtained from life's desires. As such, it is taken or borrowed from sources about them.

I think that this could be the differance between a Rudra and a K
    etrajñās, I am still very much in the process of
    refining my understanding of this concept.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya

It is pretty much impossible to describe but i'll give it a go anyway.

It's a combination of two things: an isolated experience, and the subsequent rationalization of that experience.

First, the experience:

One finds oneself in a "nowhere" - the external world is gone, there is no space, no objects, no things. There is an image, something is "seen" but it's not really anything, like an infinite fractal formless kaleidoscope. There is a particular sound, but it is like the sound of all sounds simultaneously. There is a tactile sensation, like being comfortably tickled all over at once, inside and out, and it has a temperature which is like a hot coolness, a freezing burn. Everything about it is just so, just perfect. It is like the product of the contraction of all possible extremes into one point.

The sound is like OM, with a perpetual "DINGGGGGGGGGG" at a perfect pitch.

The overwhelming feeling is one of "OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH", which is both an "ooooooooooooooooooh that feels so good" and also an "OHHHHH I SEE!!!!"

All thought and contemplation ceases; only awareness remains.

Secondly, the rationalization:

One becomes aware of having omniscience and omnipotence, and as a result, doesn't want to know ANYTHING or DO anything, because it becomes unreal. To lose all human boundaries and limitations, and recognize oneself as god, is simultaneously the greatest liberation and relief, and also the greatest loneliness and boredom; if you can do anything you want instantaneously, you don't want to do anything at all! you're happy to just sit still and be what your are, because what you are is infinitely compelling, intriguing and amazing.

One then discovers the purpose of human ignorance; it is to give you something to do, to give reason to thinking, moving, talking.

Liberation makes you understand why you have the limits in the first place.

It is as if beforehand, you are playing football. Then in the moment of liberation, the goals, the ball, the lines, the referee and all the other players disappear. Then you realise that all you want to do is play ball, so the lines, the goals, the referee and the players all come back.

This is why i say that bliss is boring; it's great, because it's bliss - but there's nothing to do!!!

You also recognize that the experience itself is in a way pointless - no one NEEDS to experience it, unless they DO experience it!
    You recognize your life as a form of entertainment - like watching a play, a movie, a T.V. show in which you are the main character, and that bliss is the ad-break / interval.
    If you found out that you were god, dreaming a life for yourself, and that you were identical with the external world, you would ask yourself: "So, what would I have happen to me in my life? what would be my perfect drama?":cool1:

You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever.

हरिः ओम्

Namaste ZarryT,

How would you translate the word mokṣa?

Oh I don't think it is impossible to describe at all, not for a master that is why they are Masters; your description sounds to me
    to be a simple calling to the path. Its very start I should say that it happens to about 1 or 2 in every 100 ...

It is your choice, do you wish to learn of the experiences of those who have gone before you, surly you saw this in your
    realisation. The transcendental nature of knowledge, its very apparent.

With all due respect. I find your description of nothingness to rather resemble a scene from the Hollywood blockbuster,
    Matrix; it does not seem to resemble the teachings of which I am learning or that of which I have read in scripture, or my own
    personnel experience; but we are all very different, and hey I'm open to Hollywood as an influence, maybe this is a new lineage.

I find your boredom in Bliss to be haughty, and your idea of reincarnating as the same jiva ad infinitum to be rather absurd,
    this demonstrates to me, a very strange understanding as to the nature of both fractals and the self; Ground-hog day.

But you do not need to convince me of anything at all. I am just interested to hear of others experience after my 18 year grapple with
    mine, from which I seem to have finally been freed.

How do you approach Satsang? (spiritual communion with others to validate ones progress and perspective), this is of course of the
    utmost importance after such an experience.

So as to insure that one is not deluded, falling from the razors edge that is
    jñāna yoga.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    Last edited by Mana; 02 June 2012 at 12:01 PM.
    8i8

Quote Originally Posted by ZarryT View Post
    It is pretty much impossible to describe but i'll give it a go anyway.

It's a combination of two things: an isolated experience, and the subsequent rationalization of that experience.

First, the experience:

One finds oneself in a "nowhere" - the external world is gone, there is no space, no objects, no things. There is an image, something is "seen" but it's not really anything, like an infinite fractal formless kaleidoscope. There is a particular sound, but it is like the sound of all sounds simultaneously. There is a tactile sensation, like being comfortably tickled all over at once, inside and out, and it has a temperature which is like a hot coolness, a freezing burn. Everything about it is just so, just perfect. It is like the product of the contraction of all possible extremes into one point.

The sound is like OM, with a perpetual "DINGGGGGGGGGG" at a perfect pitch.

The overwhelming feeling is one of "OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH", which is both an "ooooooooooooooooooh that feels so good" and also an "OHHHHH I SEE!!!!"

All thought and contemplation ceases; only awareness remains.

Secondly, the rationalization:

One becomes aware of having omniscience and omnipotence, and as a result, doesn't want to know ANYTHING or DO anything, because it becomes unreal. To lose all human boundaries and limitations, and recognize oneself as god, is simultaneously the greatest liberation and relief, and also the greatest loneliness and boredom; if you can do anything you want instantaneously, you don't want to do anything at all! you're happy to just sit still and be what your are, because what you are is infinitely compelling, intriguing and amazing.

One then discovers the purpose of human ignorance; it is to give you something to do, to give reason to thinking, moving, talking.

Liberation makes you understand why you have the limits in the first place.

It is as if beforehand, you are playing football. Then in the moment of liberation, the goals, the ball, the lines, the referee and all the other players disappear. Then you realise that all you want to do is play ball, so the lines, the goals, the referee and the players all come back.

This is why i say that bliss is boring; it's great, because it's bliss - but there's nothing to do!!!

You also recognize that the experience itself is in a way pointless - no one NEEDS to experience it, unless they DO experience it!
    You recognize your life as a form of entertainment - like watching a play, a movie, a T.V. show in which you are the main character, and that bliss is the ad-break / interval.

Namaste,

I agree with Mana. This is not God's Bliss, but only an experience, which, while quite good, is not even nearly at its limits, for it has no limits. A hint would be, if you are bored, it is not Bliss. It will get to the point where you beg God to stop because you cannot handle anymore Bliss quite yet. Then next time you can go a bit further and a bit further. That's how it has been for me, and yet God has infinitely more to give; how wondrous that is!

So do not see your experience as Bliss, let alone liberation itself, for it is not. Your rationalization at the end has quite a few problems which I think others have pointed out. Do not abandon the path because you believe you have reached its climax. God has so, so much to give you, and you have only had a very small taste of it.

Pride on this path can and will kill your spiritual progress. Please be careful of that.

Thread Information