So, I bought the book in the title some time ago and have been slowly reading it. It's set both in modern day and the time of Jesus (who is called Joshua in this). I've managed to get through the first three 'books' only to get to get up to the book dealing with Joshua's time in India to find I can't go any further.

I know this book is a parody and I genuinely enjoy religious parodies and have been able to go through the first three parts because I know pretty much nothing about the religions it's parodying (Judaism, something set in the Middle East and Buddhism) but when we got up to the part that features Hinduism I had to put the book down because almost immediately the author uses the term harijan and I'm sitting there going 'THAT WAS INVENTED BY GANDHI! IT MEANS CHILDREN OF GOD! IT WASN'T EVEN A GLIMMER IN ANYONE'S EYE 2000 YEARS AGO!'. I'm not sure what the situation of the Untouchables was 2000 years ago but I get the feeling it wasn't as bad as it has been recently.

It's... I'm trying not to be offended, this book really is AWESOME but... uuuugh. And then there's Brahmins going around collecting people to sacrifice to Kali and... ugh. And what makes it worse is I'm sure the author isn't being intentionally offensive!

Has anyone else read this book?