Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
Vannakkam Indiaspirituality: I think you may have misunderstood. The icing on the cake is experience. Right now I am at 99.999 % belief. Either that or you are saying you have seen the chakras in their resplendent many-petalled glories within the spine via the ajna chakra, or some other.

The scriptures are a guide, the teacher is a guide. Nobody does the realisation for you. If that were the case, libraries wouldn't be libraries, they'd be temples.

Aum Namasivaya
Vannakkam Eastern Mind,

+1

I agree with you.

What I mean to say is that the first step is to believe and have faith. Even though you have complete faith in shastras and your Guru, and you strongly believe in shakras or any thing in general, still as time, passes doubts creep from backdoor. Only realization or direct experience can uproot the doubt completely.

Again when you experience, it is not in your hands. It's in the hands of God to make you experience, directly or indirectly through an external Guru in Meditation or sometimes with open eyes when you are not meditating. Some things are not in control of ourselves. Spiritual progress and experiences during meditation are one of them. You get experiences according to your prakruti (mindset). Not everyone feels or experiences chakras, but that does not mean they are by any means inferior or not advanced.

Afterall, everything, includng chakra, comes under Maya and one has to go beyond Maya.

But if you do not have faith in yourself, shastras, Guru and God, then you will not be able to experience this.

You have to take first step. If you look at shadow and then you should not complain that I cannot see the sun.

There may be many experiences. But if they are in tune with those mentioned in shastras, then it confirms that you are not right track. When you suddenly experience brilliant white light or experience a vibration of heart chakra or pressure on your top of head, sahastra chakra, then you know that this is the feeling of chakra. Here the knowledge of shastras help us.

If am on advaita path. So when I got such experience, I know it is chakra or a subtle body. So I calm down and do not try to explore it, as advaita do not give importance to these experiences. You have to neglect them, be aware of AUM / OM and find the source, or ask 'Who am I' if I am not chakra, then neglect it and find the source.

But if I do not know that such and such thing exists, then I may think that since this has happened in meditation, it is the grace of God and I should explore it and worse, I think hope that this experience should be repeated.

I have passed from this states, so I can tell you that Shastras are pointers, but are very important. So is Guru. He is necessary, though you will have to meditate for your own salvation. There is also something called as Grace. Grace of Guru and God. I have also experienced this.

Not all days are same. Meditation is not same on all days. So when I am stuck up sometimes, before I feel that I cannot come out of it instead of repeated attempts, immediately, in a second or two, my mind is cleared adn I can effortlessly meditate on mantra, which a moment ago, I found it extremely difficult to keep away the thoughts. Suddenly, where did thoughts dissappear.

I hope you are getting my point.

I understand and completely agree with what you say

The thing is not many people meditate - seriously, sincerely and regularly.

Aum

IS