Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily ritual for Lord Shiva

Daily ritual for Lord Shiva

I want to establish a daily worship ritual for Lord Shiva. What routine can I do? Which mantras/stotras/stutis do I chant? Please let me know thanks

Re: Daily ritual for Lord Shiva

I do Rudram, however there are many shorter shlokas that can be recited such as Lingastakam, Bilvastakam, and Shiva Manas Puja.
    I also do incense and light daily. Shiva Ashtottara Namavali with flowers or akshatas if I have the time.

The most important worship of Shiva is the Atmalinga abhishekam with pure love as the panchamritam. This is tied with the Shiva Manas Puja which is puja done in the mind and heart in meditation.

Whatever you choose, know that it is perfect in Shiva's eyes. He doesn't care about anything such as formalities and there is no mistakes to be made in puja. He knows only the love and devotion in your heart. No mantras needed, no offerings needed other than your love.
    Let us worship Him, the pure-formed One, the cloud which, emitting a rain of unthinkable joy, satiates the hearts and eyes of its followers, as if millions of rain clouds had poured down, the stay of the Great Silence, called by many names, described by many religions, the embodiment of ineffable degrees of spiritual happiness.

Vanakkam,

Maybe some slokhas or strotram is use by one sect and not used common by another sect....
    But the most wide and teach in many sect of Shaivaism and most very common practice is chanting "Om Namah Shivaya"

Then for most deeper, you must seek refuge to Guru. You can ask Yajvan Ji.

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Namaste

Do you have Rudraksha Beads? If not, you should consider obtaining them to chant Om Namah Shivaya daily. I am not sure I would term this a ritual, but rather a form of meditation, seeking council and presence. You may be amazed how wonderful and powerful it can be by use of Rudraksha! Truly, the yogis know exactly what is effective, and Rudraksha is that.

I agree with Shian.

Aum Namah Shivaya

I truly agree. Om namah shivaya is the best and easiest. Rudram is tough and as it is written in very old sanskrit,it may be possible that pronounciation may be incorrect.
    Just keep him in ur heart,and say once om namah shivaya,u feel very free.
    Sambasadashivaya Namah

Namaste,

I enjoy reciting the holy five characters Namah Shivaya. I also enjoy serving Shiva by isolating the I am from objects. I feel this is a very intimate connection with Shiva. I sometimes enjoy visualizing Shiva or feeling that Shiva is breathing in as I breath in and out as I breath out. Shiva is also the space between the the breath and the mantra.

Om Namah Shivaya

7. Re: Daily ritual for Lord Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    Do you have Rudraksha Beads? If not, you should consider obtaining them to chant Om Namah Shivaya daily. You may be amazed how wonderful and powerful it can be by use of Rudraksha! Truly, the yogis know exactly what is effective, and Rudraksha is that.
    Namaste,

Where can one go about obtaining Rudraksha Beads? Is there a particular store I should look out for? I assume that you can buy them online, but that is massively inconvenient for me because I don't have a credit card. Only cash.

Om Namah Shivaya

Vannakkam SIL: Where are you. Maybe someone here can recomment a nearby store.

Aum Namasivaya

9. Re: Daily ritual for Lord Shiva

I live around 25 miles (40 km) North of Seattle, Washington, USA in the city of Everett. South Everett, to be precise. I live between the Everett Mall and the Walmart (if you know how things are in Everett).

Om Namah Shivaya

Vannakkam: These guys ... http://www.banyen.com/ just north of you probably have some decent ones. You could email them and ask. I'm sure there are other shops in Vancouver too, especially in Little India along Fraser St.

Not sure about Seattle.

I was just helping sell some nice ones earlier this week, but its mail order on-line.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information