Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Opinionated?

Re: Opinionated?

namaste McKitty,

Quote Originally Posted by McKitty View Post
    Hello everyone !
    How much I would say, I will stay an ignorant "abrahamic" one unworthy.
    I don't know...I'm sad. That's all I know.

Aum
    Have you read your signature quote lately? Maybe you should read that?
    satay

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Some have said that sanātana dharma ( or hinduism ) is under attack. I must be honest and say I am in the minority on this matter as I feel no pressure, no angst, no grief from others.

Sanātana dharma was here on this good earth before anyone on this forum was even an idea, and it will be here when this whole planet subsides.

If one is grounded in their beliefs, thier knowledge, they are unshakable. Words of wrath may be daggers but fail to bring any harm to one that is steady. It is like a house - any house can stand erect in good weather. It is when the wind blows that the house shows the owner its mettle¹.

It is our heritage not to feel fallen, or victim to any one ... once one realizes this, acknowledges this , maturity begins to blossom.

praām

1. mettle - vigor and strength of spirit or temperament.
    Last edited by yajvan; 12 June 2012 at 05:01 PM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Some have said that sanātana dharma ( or hinduism ) is under attack. I must be honest and say I am in the minority on this matter as I feel no pressure, no angst, no grief from others.

Sanātana dharma was here on this good earth before anyone on this forum was even an idea, and it will be here when this whole planet subsides.

If one is grounded in their beliefs, thier knowledge, they are unshakable. Words of wrath may be daggers but fail to bring any harm to one that is steady. It is like a house - any house can stand erect in good weather. It is when the wind blows that the house shows the owner its mettle¹.

It is our heritage not to feel fallen, or victim to any one ... once one realizes this, acknowledges this , maturity begins to blossom.

praām

1. mettle - vigor and strength of spirit or temperament.
    Namaste Yajvan,

Does "you" not feeling pressure mean that the more than 1 billion Hindus also don't feel pressure?

If you truly think Hinduism/SD is not under attack, what is your opinion of the current "debate" on Yoga? Is Yoga Hindu as the Hindus claim? Or does it not have anything to do with Hinduism as the non-Indians/non-Hindus say?

As someone who has studied Sanskrit and has been practicing Hinduism for a while, I expect your answer to be forthright and sincere.

The way Yoga is being "treated" is how India/Hinduism is being attacked. Apart from Muslim terrorists and communists attacking Hindus physically in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh, Jews and Christians are attacking SD ideologically using devious tactics such as academia etc. This Yoga "debate" is a perfect example of this.

I highly suggest you read Rajiv Malhotra's Being Different and Breaking India. If you want to understand the various perspectives of these issues, it is important to consider all sides before arriving at a conclusion such as yours (ie that Hinduism/SD is not under attack/pressure).

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté TatTvamAsi

Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post
    Namaste Yajvan,

Does "you" not feeling pressure mean that the more than 1 billion Hindus also don't feel pressure?

If you truly think Hinduism/SD is not under attack, what is your opinion of the current "debate" on Yoga? Is Yoga Hindu as the Hindus claim? Or does it not have anything to do with Hinduism as the non-Indians/non-Hindus say?

As someone who has studied Sanskrit and has been practicing Hinduism for a while, I expect your answer to be forthright and sincere.

The way Yoga is being "treated" is how India/Hinduism is being attacked. Apart from Muslim terrorists and communists attacking Hindus physically in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh, Jews and Christians are attacking SD ideologically using devious tactics such as academia etc. This Yoga "debate" is a perfect example of this.

I highly suggest you read Rajiv Malhotra's Being Different and Breaking India. If you want to understand the various perspectives of these issues, it is important to consider all sides before arriving at a conclusion such as yours (ie that Hinduism/SD is not under attack/pressure).
    Thank you for your note... I respect your views but believe I cannot answer your question to a level that would meet your satisfaction.

You see from my POV I do not feel threatened; I do not allow it. If small-small thinking occurs with Muslim's, Jews and Christians, that is in their realm of behavior. I do accept their behavior , I do not give permission for that behavior to affect me - I choose not to become a victim.

Now, let me address one thing that you said so their is clarity with my words that I offered:
    Some have said that sanātana dharma ( or hinduism ) is under attack. I must be honest and say I am in the minority on this matter as I feel no pressure, no angst, no grief from others
    I have stated my position clearly. If others feel this angst, this pressure, I cannot control it. There are issues all over the world, on every contenient - such is the way with the world.

Yet at the end of the day there are choices to be made. How does one get the collective consciousness of 1 billion people in India to know their strength ? how can 1 billion people with roots in the greatest possible civilization this earth has ever known not have all the tools necessary to rid themselves of grief, pressure and the like ? It must first start with not giving permission to be threatened or pressured. It starts with the individual.

So, fo me I keep my resolve... I choose not to be a victim. How can I talk of the teachings of the bhāgavad gītā and not take those teachings and apply it to my daily life ? Any thing less is unacceptable.

praām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste TTA,

Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post
    Are you chosen by 1 billion Hindus to express the pressure that "they feel" ? No. I live in India and I can assure you that we don't need you for expressing something we don't feel. If you are talking about Hindus who are abroad, I am not sure.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste,

Some have said that sanātana dharma ( or hinduism ) is under attack. I must be honest and say I am in the minority on this matter as I feel no pressure, no angst, no grief from others
    I am speechless!

Pranam.

Namaste

A brief viewpoint on SD being under attack -

I have seen the pressure first hand traveling through India and Nepal. I have seen the missionaries, many of them first generation converts themselves, and all the nastier for it.

Many people don't feel it, because it's nibbling away at the edges, in regions of striking poverty more than anywhere else.

What are we to say about events like the murder of Swami Lakshmananda Saraswati? Or violent Abrahamic mobs terrorizing ashrams, pilgrims, etc?

These things happen. They should not be ignored so that we, individually, don't feel victimized.

I, individually, don't feel threatened or victimized . I don't care what people say about Hinduism. Nina Paley? Whatever. I feel such moral outrages are wastes of time and energy. These things don't affect me, and I feel, don't really affect the Sanatana Dharma.

Hinduism generally has better ambassadors than detractors in the West.

What concerns me, and what affects Hindus and SD directly, is violence and coercion born from the Abrahamic doctrines and fanaticism, and those who would cynically use these forces for their own benefit in a manner aptly described by the British as "divide and conquer."

Though we may be peaceloving, with mindsets that embrace the whole of humanity, we must never forget that there are people out there - powerful people, who do not see, nor act, in these terms.

Vigilance is called for, for the sake of our fellows, if not ourselves.

However, I also feel that the most effective solution involves strengthening the Sanatana Dharma in the hearts and minds of the people rather than directly combating Abrahamism save in its worst and most direct abuses.

A great deal of effort, time and emotional/mental energy is wasted railing against Abrahamism in many cases and nothing is done to actually strengthen the SD.

Nonetheless, we must observe.

Namaste

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

sanAtana dharma is inside of you, is part of your very being, it is not on the roads the fringes or the borders.
    By getting so caught up in the objective reality you entirely miss the point.

By reacting to this, by being drawn into it; you are involved in a war which would quite simply dissapear; by
    the sheer presence of your strength, were it that you were to become stead fast, in satya sanAtana dharma.

Do you not see this?

Maybe you are being toyed with and you don't realise, maybe this is just Mātṛkā's fun. So why worry? Are
    you so feeble that this will influence you; it is only by strengthening dharma in the younger generations that
    you will really make a differance, that they will laugh at those who try to "convert" in
    Mātṛkā's game.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    8i8

Namaste

Such an argument to insecurity is unworthy of you, Mana.

So is the denial of an objective reality which influences, for better or worse, other people. Ahimsa and karuna are meaningless under your definitions.

The true nature of Sanatana Dharma is inside, but it was given to us as an external gift.

There are many threats to human survival and prosperity - including spiritual prosperity - in this external world you're interacting with through the keyboard and the computer screen, for all your dismissal of it.

Yes, I agree that strength in the Sanatana Dharma defangs the power of other religions, which is why we must organize to strengthen the Sanatana Dharma in the hearts and minds of others, and recognize the dangers where they are.

The dualism you pretend between the external and the internal realities is a false one.

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

sanAtana dharma is inside of you, is part of your very being, it is not on the roads the fringes or the borders.
    By getting so caught up in the objective reality you entirely miss the point.

By reacting to this, by being drawn into it; you are involved in a war which would quite simply dissapear; by
    the sheer presence of your strength, were it that you were to become stead fast, in satya sanAtana dharma.

Do you not see this?

Maybe you are being toyed with and you don't realise, maybe this is just Mātṛkā's fun. So why worry? Are
    you so feeble that this will influence you; it is only by strengthening dharma in the younger generations that
    you will really make a differance, that they will laugh at those who try to "convert" in
    Mātṛkā's game.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya

Vannakkam: Eventually (not likely in this lifetime) a cancer will kill. Where will the Hindus go once all the temples are destroyed, the books are burnt, and the sages murdered?

There are entire sections of Indian states that have non-Hindu majorities.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information