Thread: How do you Deal with This

How do you Deal with This

I read some Vedic verses that state things like the Earth was flat or that the Earth does not move...how do you cope with scientifically inaccurate verses?

Thanks.

Re: How do you Deal with This

Quote Originally Posted by Thothic View Post
    I read some Vedic verses that state things like the Earth was flat or that the Earth does not move...how do you cope with scientifically inaccurate verses?
    Which verses are these...and which translation? Griffith, Max Mueller and others in the cohort are generally considered unauthentic.

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

Non euclidean geometry is highly complexed and as such very cumbersome; it is very realist. Euclidean geometry is illusory,
    it has had us fooled for century's, an elegant principle that works, but it does not describe our world fully.

To which loka are you referring? Modern science is using around 14 at the moment.
    Science today can give only percentage chance as an answers; to believe otherwise, is to be mislead by the beautiful mAyA.

One of the first lessons in Physics is to calculate and make of note your percentage error. So what is scientifically inaccurate?

Did you know that gravity fluctuates? oh no hang on, that was time fluctuating and not gravity! What are you measuring it
    with my friend? Is the device affecting the outcome of the measurement? ... Yes always!

It is most important to understand the relative nature of perspective; in order to see fully.

If you imagine the surface of a sphere as an infinity large plane. This object very quickly become manifold in the minds eye, and all
    sorts of other topological devices can be created, mathematics.

All of which, are highly relevant to the way in which your mind functions, as the measuring device.
    Read the text again in another light; it may tell you something new.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    Last edited by Mana; 12 June 2012 at 11:28 PM.
    8i8

Vannakkam: Personally, I would ignore it, give it about as much attention as I would watching the grass on the lawn grow. But hey, if you want to find contradictions etc., it won't be hard.

I think its more of a question of whether or not you want to tread that path through the forest of contradictions. There are other paths.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

Post #1
    I was learning about Hinduism in my religions class at college, ..... I still do not know if I will ever accept Hinduism because of its legends that seem to be entirely fictitious......
    Post #2
    I have yet to read the stories of Hinduism.......
    Post #3
    When a beginner in his/her very first posts is hell bent on finding faults with Hinduism rather than learning something about the spiritual aspects of it, which by the way it hits everything out of the ball park; I seriously have to question the intentions of the poster. Is the purpose to grow spiritually or is the purpose to ridicule everything as 'fictitious stories/legends' not worthy of your time?

As the wise old man says,
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    I think its more of a question of whether or not you want to tread that path through the forest of contradictions. There are other paths.
    If nothing jives with your thinking, why waste your time and that of the others?

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 12 June 2012 at 05:11 PM.

^^:thumbsup:
    Last edited by satay; 12 June 2012 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks.
    The purANa-s present the cosmology, inner and outer. Earth or pR^thvI of the vedas is mUlAdhAra - it is the foundation of yoga and is "fixed". All of the purANic descriptions are true, either in macrocosm or in the microcosm, or both. The problem lies in interpreting the purANic descriptions as purely pertaining to the external world, when much of it pertains to the spiritual world.
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

Namaste,

All excellent points made in the replies; to touch further on both Mana and
    Sudarshan's thoughts, consider: the statement "There is no difference
    between a teacup, a bracelet, and a drinking straw" seems absurd and false,
    when isolated, taken out of context; yet, if this statement occurs in the
    context of discussing topology, it is perfectly true, and far from absurd.

JAI MATA DI
    || जय माता की ||

Thread Information